jeremy hunsinger on 27 Feb 2001 19:44:51 -0000

[Nettime-bold] FINAL CFP: INTERNET RESEARCH 2.0 - Deadline March 2, 2001

>INTERNET RESEARCH 2.0: INTERconnections
>
>The Second International Conference of the Association of Internet Researchers
>OCTOBER 10-14, 2001
>University of Minnesota
>Minneapolis and St.Paul, Minnesota, USA
>
>DEADLINE FOR PROPOSALS: Friday, March 2, 2001
>
>Keynote Speakers:
>
>Phil Agre, Associate Professor of Information Studies, University of
>California, Los Angeles, USA
>
>Anita Allen-Castellito, Professor of Law and Philosophy, University of
>Pennsylvania, USA
>
>Lisa Nakamura, Assistant Professor of English, Sonoma State University, USA
>
>Sheizaf Rafaeli, Head of the Center for the Study of the Information
>Society and Professor of Business Administration, University of Haifa, Israel
>

>The Internet's ever-increasing points of connection to almost every
>element of 21st century life have prompted strong interest in
>understanding the social aspects of cyberspace. The popular press offers
>wave after wave of speculation and vague forecasts, but what is really
>needed to help us understand how to live in our wired world is research:
>research that is collaborative, international, and interdisciplinary.
>
>In September 2000, over 300 people attended the first international
>Conference of the Association of Internet Researchers (AoIR) at the
>University of Kansas. This Conference built connections among Internet
>researchers from across a range disciplines and from around the globe. In
>October of 2001, INTERNET RESEARCH 2.0 will offer an opportunity to
>reinforce and extend these connections. IR 2.0 will bring together
>prominent scholars, researchers, practitioners, and students from many
>disciplines and fields for a program of keynote addresses, paper
>presentations, formal discussions, and informal exchanges.
>
>IR 2.0 will be held on the campus of the University of Minnesota, one of
>the world's most technologically innovative campuses. The conference will
>provide opportunities to network, learn from other researchers, hear from
>leading players in Internet development, and take in the sights and sounds
>of the Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul.
>
>The Association of Internet Researchers invites paper, presentation, and
>panel proposals on topics that address social, cultural, political,
>economic, and aesthetic aspects of the Internet. We welcome submissions
>from any discipline, as well as work from those producing new media or
>working in multimedia studies. Panel presentations which establish
>connections across disciplines, institutions and/or continents are
>especially encouraged. We also seek presentations which will make creative
>use of Internet technologies and techniques, including (but not limited
>to) digital art and e-poster sessions.
>
>We suggest the following as possible themes for proposals.
>
>*  communication-based Internet studies
>*  digital art
>*  distance education and pedagogy
> [...]

Jeremy Hunsinger          	http://www.cddc.vt.edu
Instructor of Political Science	Center for Digital Discourse and Culture
Webmaster/Manager CDDC     http://www2.cddc.vt.edu/cyber
526 Major Williams Hall 0130	http://www.cddc.vt.edu/jeremy --my homepage
Virginia Tech			(yes i need to update it)
Blacksburg, VA 24061		(540)-231-7614  icq 5535471