Josephine Bosma on 4 Apr 2001 06:58:07 -0000

Re: [Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> nettime-bold.

Felix wrote in
<http://www.nettime.org/nettime.w3archive/200010/msg00209.html>:

"And, you are also correct that messages that get sent to the
administrational account <nettime@bbs.thing.net> do not get
automatically
forwarded to nettime-bold. The purpose of the administrational account,
as
you might also know, is to deal with administrational mail, i.e.
bounces,
delivery failure notices, un/subscription messages and the like. There
is
also quite some spam. Occasionally, people send posts to this account
too,
mostly because they do not realize the difference, sometimes because
they
connect this or that administrational request with it. These posts do
not
get forwarded to nettime-bold because they were sent to the admin
account."

I think this is not enough, sorry. It is not 'occasionally' that
messages don't reach bold (quite ridiculous to have to say this, bold
was to be the raw nettime and now we have to complain to get more
mail!), it is very often. After my last mail to Felix it changed
slightly, which I am happy about, but still I have to look in the
archive to see what is in nettime! I should not have to be the one to do
this. It is a matter of correctness really. Sorry to say I think you
guys are incredibly sloppy when it comes to this subject of dealing with
the list in a correct way.

This mail from Felix contains quite a few mistakes btw, not a good thing
to refer to. Like his claim that bolds archive works? It is easy to say
bold does not work, but the reasons for that are quite clear: it has
been set up after too much delay and it has never been working properly.
Both can still be dealt with I think. So why not do that?

best

*