integer on 12 Apr 2001 09:24:20 -0000

[Nettime-bold] venus + saturn

Judson Wright <judson@judson.net>

repet!z!on = teachez human z repet!z!on = teachez humanz

hij uds on!!!!

>Sorry if this is old news, a re-post.

i am empress kunigunde.

>I agree with most of what has been said, even that it's not always a
>practical option that walled galleries house computer art, that it
>completely doesn't matter what materials are used (like a computer)
>but what the end result communicates.
>
>In fact, unless something about the work is ESSENTIAL to a computer,
>why mention it?
>
>I differ with the opinion that net art is not computer art, but only
>on a purely technical level.
>
>Right now, how else are you going to get anything up there?  Usually,
>it has to exist on your hard drive before you can upload it.
>
>The "net" is just a storage medium, but one with international access
>24 hours a day.  In most cases, the work must exist as computer art
>even if only for a few minutes.  But it is also the big venue for
>computer art.  Net art is a SUBSET of computer art but the biggest
>exhibition of computer art is currently on the net.
>
>1's and 0's are rarely of any consequence, as most artist rarely even
>see them.  How many people are doing work with just bit shifting
>functions?
>

>My beef is with the USER who proclaims to others that they are web
>savvy and then visits a site with their hands in their lap.
>
>Eventually that will change.  But for now, you could do that looking
>at a painting and still "get" it.  If you do that with interactive
>work, you don't ever "get" it.

interactive = 01 cheap + cheap + ver! verd! + cheap version of distraktiv.

interactive = manual labor. should i wish to perform manual labor [do i +?]
i can step into 01 `garden` and distrakted be + be

>Of 100 artists who spend all day making art, most are supported by
>parents, a few have supplemental related jobs (example: nn makes $
>from her NATO program, more of a tool for art than art, though I
>admit a cool one, by itself it is not engaging, it requires a "host"
>cell),

as does nn.

>it requires a "host"
>cell),

yes - you

>more of a tool for art than art,

more than art - korporat war fair.
buy + relax - http://www.eusocial.com/infidel

>some have part-time schedules for job and art.

"artists - puh"

vr!!endl!. nn

>Several with extensive bibliographies still teach.

 [widespread smile -> art skool]

-

Netochka Nezvanova     - a tree is primarily a phallic symbol
0f0003.MASCHIN3NKUNST  - DEFORESTATION IS GOOOOOOOD!!!!!!
@www.eusocial.com
17.hzV.tRL.478