porculus on Mon, 30 Apr 2001 11:23:46 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> [2x] Sorry, there's no fee, c'mon it's just a link!

> This is a most interesting post given the number of lists that have
> recently been discussing curatorial practice in the area of new media,
> including net and web based work.  I, for one, have always been in favour
> of providing (at least a nominal - depending on the situation) fee for
> artists when their work is included in an exhibition context - it is,
> after all, contextualising work in an 'exhibition' context.  Just as you
> would pay a screening fee for any other form of screen based works - and
> particularly, as in this instance, when the curator is being paid a fee
> for putting the program together.  And do you think any of the other
> artists nominated for inclusion in the show would agree to exhibit without
> being paid a fee?!

well that stuff makers defend their work it's ordinary, they use of argument that put
the dicussion partner they have in akward position it's
sheer good politic, they try to trap him in compared their condition it's absolutely
"sport". this called into question one  tries to improve his image it's
absolutely normal, but please..please... do somebody could prevent him to dare to
take such argument for himself "particularly, when the curator is being paid a fee
for putting the program together" as if it is an aeternel truth ! or i would be
forced to speak as 80's traders as milken or goldsmith to their judges "have you just
a small idea in which world we live" it was an evident trap, and you fall in quite
innocently, and i couldn't see this another way as an non conscient ingenuous
cyniscism, and you know why ? for thousand reason but specially this one for me cause
due to your endlessy complacency to ruled about politic posture of art and artiste
blabla..and what? when it is question to speak about elementary political
consciousness, you dare to clown around as is it due to your 75 shoe size sinecure!
For my part it's the worst reply you could do...a kind of insult to any
intelligence...no a simple denial it could exist.
merde..bad news for art front. to get out of such bad ideological impass i know
only 2 mean, 1) telling filthy joke  or  2) b52 carpet bombing
or both if strangelove curatorial fan