Content-Wire.com on Sun, 20 May 2001 16:11:33 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] about cyberfascim and the beeb today

Something else you mentioned about why we shun the word fascism

Personally, I use the word fascism to express lack of respect for
individual
rights and abuse of all sorts, not to refer to right wing  or left wing
totalitarianism

But my impression is that the wider, more general use of the term fascism
 is closely related to 'right wing' extremism. Whenever I use the word
fascism,
the discussion turns automatically into a political one, and the position I
am
assumed to hold is a left wing position, which could be possibly true
relatively speaking
but not absolutely, as I am a systems analyst and critic, and I critique
everything that I put my eyes on not just this or that
 Not sure if its not clear what I mean.

 I belive that there is an emerging class of political rights that are
more universal, less related to left and right more related to respect,
understanding
about being progressive and respectuf and positive and
constructive.Hopefully both
parties will be growing towards the middle way of politics. I wonder if
that's utopian too.

This is why I avoid the term fascism - other than when I talk to close
circles - to avoid
my argument being misanderstood and placed in the wrong category: left wing
politics, cause they dont belong there

(I am so aware that people 'categorise' everything , part of the natural
brain functions I believe, and the silos
approach is so outdated but they still follow in society like academy and
business. Asses)

re media

today the BBC world service ( thanks beeb) got a few people together to
discuss
if anyone has a problem with a media tycoon holding political power in
Europe and guess
what ... everybody agrees ( for different reasons) that that should not be
an option, and that it is unacceptable
and wrong   . Thanks to all those individuals in the media  again for
bringing the debate to the table, that's all it takes sometimes to raise
awareness. Good job, keep up the good work, there is a lot to be done
Journalism for a better world anyone? I thought that Jake from SKY is doing
 a great job
at discussing Peace Journalism rather than war Journalism, look up that
project it's a really
good one with lots of positive inspiration I belive mediachannel.org got
links

re genius

There is no doubt that individual genius is at the center of human
individual and social development and  progress and that humans are part of
the universe. I mean, does anyone disagree?

About how to cultivate genius, together with libero arbitrio to the purpose
of self realisation
and collective progress , I suppose there might be different views, but
that's okay

Someotimes the way we visualise and portray to others our own vies of the
world and our role in it
may come across as little eccentric. Individualism often  is eccentric in
comparison to societal conventions
and as such not generally shared with others, until they become accepted

Few succeed in making themselves understood, and
these  are generally artists of some kind  whose obscure work becomes
accepted by slowly finding correspondence  in others
until it spreads to the collective subconscious

Now I dont know what Chomsky thinks about that but it looks from the title
of his book that this
might be one of his lines of argument.

Apologies for being delirious.

re postings on content-wire.com

I have a tight agenda to fill a very broad editorial niche with
content-wire, focussing on technology and business issues
relating to the content industry bla bla. But I have many other issues at
heart too, media and the development of humanity
via technology are only some of them. I do not have time to do everything,
in fact, I've gotta get back to work
But if someone has got something to say that is in line with the big plan,
be my guest. No particular style required
other than  what is your message (neat and concise), how does it relate to
the internet. I am a moderate at heart, try to have the middle way but
sometimes recognise that the only way to keep the middle is to take a
clearcut  stance either way,
I adopt a  daoist approach.  If and when the postings generate a revenue
(looking into deals)  I shall notify authors and propose a split.
Confused? that's a good starting point.

re. about life and death

it's good to write books - got half a dozen compelling works in the
pipeline - but its good to pour our
genius into our daily lives and daily jobs and people around us too. The
internet does a far better
job these days I find than books. Hopefully a book will bring some pennies
while websites
dont perhaps

nice to talk keep up the good work genius2001

pdm

Paola Di Maio
Managing  Editor
www.content-wire.com