brian carroll on Wed, 30 May 2001 05:08:17 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] autoresponses: Towards a Democratic Power System (map 4 of 4)

----------
From: Autoresponder@WhiteHouse.GOV
Date: Tue, 29 May 2001 19:00:04 -0500 (EST)
To: <human@electronetwork.org>
Subject: Re: Towards a Democratic Power System (map 4 of 4)

Thank you for emailing President Bush.  Your ideas and comments are very
important to him.

Unfortunately, because of the large volume of email received, the President
cannot personally respond to each message.  However, the White House staff
considers and reports citizen ideas and concerns.

Again, thank you for your email.  Your interest in the work of President
Bush
and his administration is appreciated.

Sincerely,
The White House Office of E-Correspondence
_________________________

Please Note:

If the subject of your email was a request for a Presidential greeting,
please
note that all greeting requests must be submitted in writing to the
following
address:

The White House
Attn:  Greetings Office
Room 39
Washington, D.C.  20502-0039

Please review the guidelines carefully before mailing your request to the
White
House. The guidelines are accessible at:

    http://www.whitehouse.gov/greeting/

Subject: Towards a Democratic Power System (map 4 of 4)
_________________________ _________________________

Thank you for emailing Vice President Cheney.  Your ideas and comments are
very
important to him.

Unfortunately, because of the large volume of email received, the Vice
President cannot personally respond to each message. However, the White
House
staff considers and reports citizen ideas and concerns.

Again, thank you for your email.  Your interest in the work of Vice
President
Cheney and the  administration is appreciated.

Sincerely,
The White House Office of E-Correspondence

_________________________ _________________________

Thanks for writing to Secretary Powell via email. The Secretary receives
so much mail that he cannot personally review each message. On behalf of
the Secretary, the State Department's public information officers in the
Public Communication Division, Office of Public and Intergovernmental
Liaison, read each email received. Emails solely expressing foreign
policy opinions or congratulating the Secretary are carefully recorded.
The public information staff will respond to foreign policy questions on
behalf of the Secretary. Members of the press should work through the
State Department's Press Office in Washington, D.C., or through U.S.
embassies overseas to contact the Secretary. For specific requests, such
as for passport information, members of the public should contact the
appropriate bureaus within the Department. For general reference
questions on U.S. foreign policy and the State Department, please email
federal documents librarians at  dosref@uic.edu.

The Secretary is committed to keeping in touch with people throughout
the United States and the world. Please see the Secretary's web pages
at: http://state.gov/secretary/ and  the main State Department homepage at
http://state.gov, which provides a one-stop web site for a wide variety
of information from the U.S. State Department. Your continued interest
and participation in foreign affairs is very important to the Secretary.

For more information, please contact the Bureau of Public Affairs at:

Public Communication Division
PA/PIL/PC, U.S. State Department
Washington, D.C. 20520
Tel: 202-647-6575
askpublicaffairs@state.gov

PS:
-- This is the only electronic message you will receive from
secretary@state.gov. No other message claiming to be from this address
is authentic. You will receive an autoresponder message for each email
sent to secretary@state.gov.
 --  The postal address for the Secretary is:

The Secretary of State
U.S. Department of State
Washington, D.C. 20520

-- The public fax number for the Secretary is:
202-261-8577

_________________________ _________________________
Thank you for your e-mail.

I greatly appreciate your keeping me informed on issues that are important
to you.
Your comments add to the information my Administration needs as we strive to
make
California a better place in which to live and work.  If your concerns fall
under the
jurisdiction of the state, your correspondence will be forwarded to the
appropriate
agency or department for action.  To ensure that your message receives the
proper
response, please be sure to include your name and address when you
communicate
with my office and please do not include attachments in your e-mail.  We do
not
accept or respond to attachments.

Again, thank you for sharing your thoughts.  An informed and engaged
citizenry is
essential to the democratic process.

Sincerely,

Governor Gray Davis
_________________________ _________________________

Thank you for your letter to the editor. If your letter is selected for
publication, a Chronicle representative will call you to verify authenticity
of the letter. If your letter is not selected, please don't be discouraged
and feel free to write us again in the future. The Chronicle receives dozens
of letters daily and cannot print them all. If you received this message,
The Chronicle has received your letter; please do not call to confirm
receipt or to see if it will be selected.

John Diaz
Editorial Pages Editor
San Francisco Chronicle
901 Mission St.
San Francisco, California 94103

(415) 777-7018
_________________________ _________________________
Dear Writer:

      Thank you for your interest in corresponding with me via e-mail.  If
you
are a current New York resident, please direct your comments through my
webform
at http://clinton.senate.gov/email_form.html.  My office will only be able
respond to messages that are routed through this form.  This is the only
response you will receive to messages sent to this address.

      I encourage you to visit my website, http://clinton.senate.gov for
information on the issues that are important to the state of New York.  In
the
coming weeks, my online office will continue to be updated to provide timely
information to those who visit.

            Sincerely yours,
    Hillary Rodham Clinton