Phil Graham on Wed, 30 May 2001 15:46:34 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Possible virus

I received the following email and subsequently found the file on my computer.

I'm not sure whether this is spam or what. Has anybody heard anything about
it?

The file I found was created in April of this year.

Regards,
Phil

E-mail to in the past few months. Two computers at
 >> >Midlands Tech. have been found with this virus on it.

DO NOT RELY ON YOUR ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE. McAFEE NOR NORTON CAN DETECT IT
BECAUSE IT DOES NOT BECOME A VIRUS UNTIL JUNE  1ST.

IT WILL BE TOO LATE THEN.  WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT OPEN THE FILE!!!

 >Kayla Elman
 >Directrice des promotions/Promotion Director
 >Info690 & 940News
 >TEL: (514)840-7959
 >FAX: (514)849-0733

Opinions expressed in this email are my own unless otherwise stated.
If you have received this in error, please ignore it.
Phil Graham, Lecturer
Business (Communication)
University of Queensland