{ brad brace } on Thu, 14 Jun 2001 04:00:54 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: Today, *attention* is the real currency of businesses and, individuals.

Should you believe that print media are obsolete (300,000
books are published annually world-wide), consider the more
than 2 billion Web pages in the world, a large chunk of
which can't even be found with the best search engines. The
amount of Internet traffic doubles every hundred days.

To control attention means to control experience, and
therefore the quality of life. Information reaches
consciousness only when we attend to it. Attention acts a
filter between outside events and our experience with them.
How much stress we experience depends more on how well we
control attention, than on what happens to us.

The 12hr-ISBN-JPEG Project                >>>> since 1994 <<<<

+ + +         serial           ftp://ftp.eskimo.com/u/b/bbrace
+ + +      eccentric          ftp://ftp.idiom.com/users/bbrace
+ + +     continuous       ftp://ftp.teleport.com/users/bbrace
+ + +    hypermodern      ftp://ftp.rdrop.com/pub/users/bbrace
+ + +        imagery   ftp://ftp.pacifier.com/pub/users/bbrace

      News://alt.binaries.pictures.12hr ://a.b.p.fine-art.misc
  Reverse Solidus: http://www.teleport.com/~bbrace/bbrace.html
                   http://www.eskimo.com/~bbrace/bbrace.html
           Mirror: http://bbrace.laughingsquid.net/

 { brad brace }   <<<< bbrace@eskimo.com >>>>  ~finger for pgp

Note: all "Teleport" addresses (web/ftp/email) are being eliminated:
no thanks to Earthlink scum. Please choose from listed alternates.