Dan Schneider on Tue, 19 Jun 2001 07:50:29 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] VIRUS ALERT! PLEASE SEE BELOW!

PEOPLE- beware and/or delete any emails you may have gotten from cosmoetica@att.net today before this one. Below you will see a series of emails I got yesterday from one BILL in Nebraska- bontrager77@earthlink.net  He inquired to me about a Finnish girl who was on a Sylvia Plath e-ring & harassed my wife several months ago. She has a history of breaking into people's e-accts & sending fake emails under their names. Some of you may recall a poem supposedly written by me called MENGELE'S LAMENT- it was written by her. Her name is Sari Sotamaa- here are some known email addresses:
sparkletoe@excite.com
cucumber_peel@hotmail.com
sotamaao@saunalahti.fi (the email of her father- a finndiplomat Olli Sotamaa- you can Google him)
sss1@st-andrews.ac.uk
tedhughes70@hotmail.com  aka TED HUGHES- Plath's hubby & an e-alias of hers

You will see in section 1 some email transcripts from a BILL in NE who claimed to be harassed by Sari- I do not know whether this fellow is telling the truth or may be SARI in another alias- it may have been his email that infected me. You will see in bold a   YOU ARE FAT virus- this is 1 of the childish taunts this girl hurled at my wife. In section 2 you will see emails rec'd from Jason Sanford- a local TC writer who spotted the virus, & Robert Goerman- an online e-guy with a Yahoo readers group. If Robert's last email is correct this virus may have gotten into his system & spat out emails. The email that Jason replied to was several mos. old- I have since installed an anti-virus kit & may have saved most of my files. If you have any problems opening this or any future emails from me- DELETE THEM!

I hope Bill from NE will come forth w whatever info he has- assuming he is not this psychotic little girl. Any further info fro Sanford, Goerman or any others will be appreciated. For the record, emails with the cosmoetica address are prob the only ones infected, as the twincitieslist emails I send are directlty from the AT&T site & not on my hard drive. Nonetheless, I wd suggest you all 1) run scans of your systems ASAP! 2) inform any folk on your respective e-rings and/or e-lists  3) contact me w any other irregularities.   I will update you all if I discover any viruses on my system and/or get any further info. Apologies to all- I do not know whether this virus was something that came to me directly or if it merely was a byproduct from this Goerman fellow's email. BE CAREFUL. Dan Schneider

1)

             Re: thanks for the prompt reply......