Heiko Recktenwald on Fri, 29 Jun 2001 15:17:24 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> No Logo.

>> Some years ago, we had the white products. "White" was "no Logo", more
>> quality for less money, no ads, but it was meant as a logo too. No Logois
>> a more clever logo. Reminds me to the MTVs "Do not" "philosophy"..

Well, postcards in italy, palazzo del fredo bassi...

The times since "white products" have changed a lot. What was once a very
special UN agency on transnational corporations has become a wider topic.
My first reaction to the No Logo book, reading the TAZ in Berlin, was
http://www.uni-bonn.de/~uzs106/adidasnike.html .

Here you have Adidas and Nike logos on t-shirts of maneaters. Logos in
africa..from the same newspaper TAZ. You can argue that the well known
logos make something visible, that would be unvisible otherwise.
A clash of civilisations etcpp. And you could argue, see the current
discussions here in germany on genetic experiments with cells: when they
can kill them why not eat them ?

H.