Bill Spornitz on Wed, 11 Jul 2001 18:07:07 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] my karma

It is my unfortunate pleasure to have to evict an old friend. I can
no longer afford to wait for his rent.

Let me say first and foremost that he is worthy of my continued
support. He is an itinerant country-western guitarist, (a good one)
but, the c&w market isn't what it used to be - back in the day you
could tour the province playing Waylon and Willie and raking in the
cash, but times and tastes have changed. When he puts his glasses on
(women's glasses he got at the Sally Ann) he almost looks like an
artist, or even an intellectual. He recently suffered a year at a
second rate *Multimedia* college, then emerged jobless and
debt-ridden. If only I could claim him as a dependent for
tax-purposes, but my children are so expensive already, and...

I have enjoyed his company for several years, and welcome the light
it shines on this wretched life.  I fear I will also have to pay his
heating bill as well.

How can I possibly break this to him? Please help me by suggesting a
passage that I can include in the eviction notice - maybe some kind
of *soldier-on* crapola from Kipling, or other;  maybe some Goethe?

we both thank you