ricardo dominguez on Mon, 23 Jul 2001 14:08:55 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Is Italy governed by fascists? strano.net

From: <macchina@kyuzz.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2001 8:40 PM
Subject: Please forward

Is Italy governed by fascists?

If you come to an affirmative answer for this ominous question after
reading our comment, then the second question that your conscience must
answer to is 'what to do to change the state of things'.

We ask such questions after Genoa's facts, particularly following the
annihilation and massacre of the Genoa Social Forum's communication centre.

After three days of street massacre and one shot dead man, the young
demonstrator Carlo Giuliani, on a scene where -keep it in mind for the
future times- police referred to the hundred of thousands of pacific
demonstrators ONLY on a military basis ('black block' being just an escuse
to do it), after hundreds of wounded, many serious, here come the news on
saturday night of an illegal assault to an independant information centre,
news which all uf us must reflect on, news that brought us to ask such
questions.

Infact the procedures of repressive actions against the demonstration -from
Giuliani's death to the demostrant-looking-like infiltrated groups which
succeeded in mixing themselves with the crowd just in order to setup
provocations-, and moreover the procedures of the last extremely serious
act of assault the Genoa Social Forum headquarter, led us to the conviction
that Italy has become a fascist State. Before it's too late we must
strongly denounce and set up a political reaction on an international
level, to get out from this renewed dictatorship climax.

Luckily the largest part of official media, even amongst nauseating
political analysis and absolutely distorting press articles, are focusing
on the real facts just the way they happened. Anyway, we invite you to have
a look the following indipendant sources, to find correspondences, reply
and confirmations of what we are going to say in the next lines:

http://www.italy.indymedia.org
http://www.radiogap.net/it/index.html
http://www.ecn..org/g8
http://www.tmcrew.org
http://www.carta.org
http://www.genoa-g8.org

An innovative and exciting 'autonomous information' experiment -covering
the Net (where images, audio and video materials have being arriving with
more-than-professional quickness and quality, ready to start a worldwide
trip) but the real world too (radio boosting real-time information)- was
terminated in BLOOD.

Radiogap from Genoa stopped transmitting after the brutal police attack ,
while the last words spoken on air were 'like Chile, just like Chile...'.
Then silence from Genoa. A silence which is like a punch in the stomach.

We intend to denounce what happened last night, July 21, in the operative
headquarter of the pacific demonstrating movement Genoa Social Forum, being
also a place where indipendant information regarding counter-demonstrations
were broadcasted. The assault was clearly organized in the aim of stopping
the independant media operations thorugh fascist repression:
- ALL the people of the Centre were wounded and arrested
- Deputees and lawyers kept away from the scene with violent actions
- Searches, confiscations of all the informative documents
- (Obviously) illegal damages to all the equipments and stuff in the Centre.

This all is not only incredibly serious, uncostitutional, illegal,
unacceptable. It is also a clear warning saying that Italy has become a
fascist State, unable to grant democratic and costitutional freedom to its
citizens, and this is why we invite the journalists and political parties
to move on and denounce the state of things  (we expecially invite those
who are NOT italian, as we don't know how long the italians can act freely
in the sunlight).

sTRANONETWORk www.strano.net