Patrice Riemens on Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:47:54 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Marching Multitudes Against the Empire...

(bwo france.indymedia.org)

complete text at:

http://www.qwerg.com/tutebianche/it/maggio/contenuti/proclamaininglese.html

>From the Multitudes of Europe, Rising Up Against the Empire and Marching
on Genoa (19-20 July 2001)

  We are new, and yet we are the same as always. We are ancient to the
future, an army of disobedience. For centuries we  have marched, armed
with stories as weapons, "dignity" emblazoned across  our ensigns. In the
name of dignity we fight those who play the lords and masters of  people
and meadows, forests and waters. Those who rule arbitrarily, impose  the
order of the Empire and impoverish the communities.