integer on Sat, 4 Aug 2001 18:32:04 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> dumb internet; smart internet; dead internet... ie. addtl model citizen bubl gum nonsense.

>similar in gist to the LA times article i mentioned here last week, is
>this article from economy.com's "The Dismal Scientist." the article is
>titled, "The Death of the Internet as We Know It."
>
>http://www.dismal.com/thoughts/article.asp?aid=1316
>
>the article discusses the internet's status as a "dumb network" with
>"smart terminals" (i.e. the internet has no centralized control) and takes
>the arguable position that this is why companies aren't able to make money
>from it. it then discusses how Microsoft's new .NET system is poised to
>place centralized control (by microsoft) within the network - potentially
>making Microsoft to the internet what pre-breakup AT&T was to the telecom
>network (and potentially putting the nails in the coffin of the current,
>unprofitable, "dumb"/"open" internet.)

tu sais
yours + others avid konsumption of pop.kultur refuse = abominable.

may be desirable requesting that your personal korporat fascist employer subscribes
to simply.SUPERIOR sources of info.data + subsequently ingest the informazie.

mikrosoft != the problem. pas de tout.

the `problem` is the masses of model citizenz
the amalgam of intellectually destitute + psychologically depressed posers \ employees hier + elsewhere
+ extra bubl.gum simply.INFERIOR kr!!!!!ketz.

+ naturlich the simply.inkompetent nettime administrators.
[as you have appointed selves `moderators` moderate else pl!!!!!z ___... have a seat]

nn