Ivo Skoric on Tue, 4 Sep 2001 21:17:45 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> It's the law!-Or is it the money?

My impression, living in the U.S. is that while lawyers are a
profession, they as a group became more of an establishment
here. Kind of like the party or the priests once were, a spice
without which you can't make any corporate dish any more. That of
course doesn't mean that all of them are bad or crooked - but I see
an inherent danger in making the entire society so dependent on
one particular approach. I am not a fan of aristocracy even if it is
merit based.
ivo