Beatrice Beaubien on Thu, 6 Sep 2001 17:29:44 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: Wind is king

> > News flash tonight on CTV (Canadian Television Network):
> >
> > Pincher Creek Wind Farm in Alberta will be providing Calgary's rapid transit trains with all the energy required for their 180,000 commuter trains as of this Wednesday. The additional cost will be $0.00.5 per passenger.
> >
>Excellent!

Yeay Calgary!

yeah, except I blew it.

8/

It is all true except the 180,000 refers to the commuter numbers, not the trains (thanks Ryan Johnston for prompting me to keep this straight, not that it takes away from the wonderfulness of the accomplishment).
 .
.
Perhaps alternative energy providers will now begin to identify utilities and services in their communities that want to out-source their energy requirements, instead of trying to find (technologically tricky and tangential) ways to jack in to the grid.

Biti