Life in Africa on Tue, 18 Sep 2001 03:09:14 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] The Africa Speaks Initiative

Hi all -

Greetings from Uganda, where we have now laid a big chunk of
the groundwork for an innovative experiment in global
democracy.

Beginning 18 September, the Africa Speaks Initiative will
bring the true voices of the African grassroots into
international internet-based discussions about the current
global crisis.

Geert has invited me to post selected messages from the
Africa Speaks Initiative to this list. If you would like to
receive ALL of the messages posted through the Africa Speaks
Initiative, you can sign up with a blank email to
africa-speaks-subscribe@topica.com

There is a press release at http://LifeInAfrica.com which
describes the project in greater detail. We're all pretty
excited about it here in Kampala, and hope that you will
assist us by telling as many people as possible. We also
hope you'll reply to the posts, and ask questions that can
help guide the discussions in a fruitful direction.

Thanks in advance for your participation in the Africa
Speaks Initiative.

You'll hear more from us tomorrow!

Christina Jordan
http://LifeInAfrica.com