Lachlan Brown on Wed, 19 Sep 2001 02:48:39 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Tora.Tora.Tora? Take Two

All,

The significance of 11 September, 8:45 am?

In 1973,  the American Government backed a coup that ousted the democratically elected government of Chile. At 8:45 11 September 1973 Salvador Allende, President, made an impassioned radio broadcast that helps put events 28 years later at New York and Washington in their historical context.

Let us all help America restore its democracy and stop it from reproducing terror. Let us mourn the dead and disappeared of New York and Washington along with the dead and disappeared of Chile's 'night', which lasted a generation. Let us object to 'a war whose enemies are not yet known' on the grounds that the American government trained, backed and created its own demons, and that such language is a threat and affront  to all of us implying the emergence of deep currents of fascism in the American psyche from Salem through to MacCartheyism. Let us give all of our love, support and goodwill to Americans as they make their priority necessary change in their government's policy, or change their government. Let us not be complicit in the victimisation of another Islamic country (and the production of future 'terrorisms').
 Lets break the cycle.
Let us put a stop to a racist war before the war machine is mobilised. Let us remind every generation that rights are won, re-won or extended by each generation. or they are lost for all.

Stop the war.

Lachlan
http://third.net
http://www.coaltion.org.uk