viali on Wed, 19 Sep 2001 15:14:52 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] GlobalWarPress.org

"We are at War!" they said.

But it will be a non-traditional war.
It will be a secret war!
"America's "new war" against terrorism will be fought with
unprecedented secrecy, including heavy press restrictions not seen
for years, Pentagon sources said Monday".
It will be a global war!

Finally, they got what they wanted!
A Global War!
A war without borders!
Against a global enemy!
Their dream, finally, come true!
The first war of the 21st century will be a global war.

So,please, they say:
No more information, please!
No more rights, please!
No more "other voices", please!

There are many wars, we may talk about!
Many Terrorisms!

"Increased militarization, domestic regimentation, attack on social programs.
That is all to be expected.
Again, terror attacks, and the escalating cycle of violence they often
engender, tend to reinforce the authority and prestige of the most harsh
and repressive elements of a society".
Noam Chomsky

"If we are not careful, the deadly attacks on New York and Washington
will lead to far worse secondary damage, if the U.S. Congress adopts
"preventive measures" that take away the freedom that America stands for".
Richard Stallman

"On September 13, the Senate adopted legislation giving government agencies
somewhat broader authority to conduct certain kinds of electronic surveilance.
There is concern that serious erosions of liberty could follow".
The Center For Democracy & Technology

Today, September, 19, 2001:
"The Justice Department has drafted legislation allowing
the U.S. attorney general to lock up immigrants deemed to be terrorist suspects
and order them deported without presenting any evidence".

This is seem a War, too?

And:
"How may we forget corporate media's terrorism?
A virtual terrorism, Info-terrorism".

We need Independent Media.
We need Independent Journalism.
We need to defend our rights to exprime our point of view!
We need to someone care about our work of Information.

As the War, the global War, as a terrorist warfare,
may we need a non-traditional stategy?
A secret one, a global one?
Or an open, independent, not for profit Project?

Someone has registred the domain "www.warpress.com".
"Domain created on 16-Sep-2001"

www.WarPress.org or www.GlobalWarPress.org, or antiglobalwar.org is still available.

Any suggestions?