engr williams chukwu on Fri, 21 Sep 2001 18:17:47 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] RE CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP!!!

FROM THE DESK OF
ENGR. WILLIAMS CHUKWU
NIGERIAN NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORPORATION (NNPC)
LAGOS, NIGERIA

ATTN:    MD/CEO,

RE: URGENT AND CONFIDENTIAL BUSINESS PROPOSAL

Sir,

This letter may come to you as a surprise but it was
borne out of my sincere desire to share mutual
business relationship with you.

Your contact address/your company’s name was given to
me by close associate of mine attached with the
Nigerian Chambers of Commerce Trade and Industry
Abuja- Nigeria, though the contents nature of the
business was not disclosed to him.

I am Engr. Williams chukwu the Director and Funds
Co-ordinator of the Finance/contract Department of
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)

TERMS OF REFERENCE

My terms of reference involve the financial management
and disbursement of proceeds form petroleum products
and also the award of contract of multinational
companies.

My office is also with the responsibility of screening
categorization and proritization of project embarked
upon by the NNPC as well as feasibility studies of
selected project and supervising the project
consultants involved.  A breakdown of the fiscal
expenditure by his office as at the end of the last
quarter of 2000 indicate that the NNPC paid out a
whopping sum of US$736M (Seven Hundred and Thirty Six
Million United States Dollars) to successful contract
beneficiaries.  The Federal Government has approved
the sum of US$2Billion for the payment of NNPC Foreign
contractors beginning from first quarter.

The Crux of his letter is that the Finance/contract
Department of the NNPC deliberately over-inflated the
contract value of the various contract awarded.  In
the course of disbursement, this department has been
able to track down the sum of US$16.5M (sixteen
Million Five Hundred Thousand US Dollars) as the over
invoiced sum.  This money is lying floating in the
NNPC domiciliary account with the Central Bank of
Nigeria (CBN).  I and my colleagues now want to
quickly transfer this fund to safe nominated foreign
account for possible investment abroad.  We are not
allowed as a matter of Government policy to operate
any foreign account because of our status as
Civil/Public servants.  Hence the need of solicit for
your account to transfer this fund into:

We have agreed that after the money gets into your
account, you shall be entitled to 30% the officials
and I shall take 65% while 5% has been mapped out for
local and international expenses that may incurred in
the course of the transfer.  We have set in motion the
machinery for the machinery for the take off of this
transaction and farther action will commence
immediately we hear from you.

Although, we have not done any business with you
before as to know your honesty but based on the
information obtained from our Nigeria Chambers of
Commerce Trade and Industry we believe you will not
sit on the money when it goes in your account (i.e
only percentage allocated to you that you would take).
 We shall like to establish a “Memorandum of
Understand” with you.  Hence, the need for a Trust
Bond furthermore we shall be relying on your advice as
regards business to enable us forward claim and
invoice the payment of this money in your favour, we
will require you to send by email immediately to me
the following:

Your nominated bank particulars together with the name
of the firm that would act as the beneficiary of the
funds including your private telephone and fax number.
 As soon as the above particulars are received, we
shall use them to process the approvals for the
payment of the fund into your account within 10 to 14
working days. While working forward to having 100%
free transaction with you, we demand you to keep this
deal confidential at all times.

Remember that the particular nature of your company’s
business does not matter in this transaction.

Yours sincerely,

ENGR. Williams Chukwu

--
engr williams chukwu