integer on Sat, 29 Sep 2001 07:27:29 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] [ot] [!nt] \n2+0\ n2+o.bulet!n

           \/\  n2+0.buletin

                01. adrian ward + netochka nezvanova tm.02 entry - [tm.02 theme = go publik] - love
                02. claudia westermann + netochka nezvanova tm.02 entry - [tm.02 theme = go publik] - human genome
                03. steim `knowledge management` symposium

                adrian ward - http://www.auto-illustrator.com
                claudia westermann - http://www.ezaic.de
                steim - http://www.steim.nl

                                                         ... ___ - zkroll u!th m!

                -1

                Is reality public

                [>] Don't miss out on that which makes life public - Love

                There once was a painter--a brilliant painter,
                who mastered the art of replication and the depiction of the beautiful.
                Yet he was lonely, he felt that there was no one alive who
                could understand him, no one capable of perceiving his entire being.

                One morning he wept in his garden, crying to god to send
                him someone who might comprehend his full beauty.
                That day, he painted a new canvas, a portrait of an unknown and
                stunningly beautiful woman. When he had finished, he cried to god
                to give her sentience, as this most wondrous painting could be the
                only being in the world who might understand him. To his amazement, the
                woman in the painting began to move.

                "Hello! Hello!" he cried to her.

                "Where are you?" she replied.

                "Here, beside you!"

                The woman in the painting looked around her.

                "Are you up, or down? Across?" she asked.

                "No, No", the painter implored, "I am...I am...out!"

                "Out? What is _out_?" she replied.

                "Out! Out here!"

                The woman did not understand him.
                She only knew two dimensions--vertical and horizontal. Her world was that of the flat canvas.
                The painter ran out to his garden and threw himself onto the ground.

                "God, oh god!" he wept. "Where are you?"

                "Out." came the reply.

                [>]  The basic question has not changed since Greek antiquity:

                What is reality made of?

                Is reality public?

                How can a mind really be sure that any other mind exists, or for that matter, the world?

                ..... [kontinued at tm.02]

                -2

                [X] Human Genome

                Prologue: I am not public property.

                Iago has said "our bodies are our gardens to which our wills are our gardeners"

                There isn't a contradiction between free will and what one shall do knowing
                in advance there isn't a contradiction between free will and knowing in advance
                precisely what one shall do. If one knows self completely then this is the situation.
                One does not deliberately do the opposite of that one wishes. (Godel)

                Jean-Jacques Rousseau in the Discourse on Inequality wrote: "The first life form who,
                having enclosed a bit of land said 'This is mine', and found people stupid enough to
                believe him, was the true founder of civilized society".

                I enclose my body and say: "This is mine. There are more riches than
                have yet to be revealed!! Extend me!!!"

                The concept of ownership is essentially a social one - it is our social grammar.
                When I feel pleasure, a sour taste or a sensation of blue light
                the experiences belong to me exclusively. They are MINE.

                The idea of private ownership is psychologically the metaphorical extension of the
                idea "this is my body" a matter of extending the boundaries.

                Body without borders. We want don't we ?

                The first things which belong to me are those that are actually physically a part of me
                - these are my eyes. my fingers etc. They aren't yours. When they sense I sense.
                You may perceive and only. They may never be your property.

                Never? Never - but I plans for yours do have.

                Is there something even more basic than the ownership of one's body ?

                Yes.

                ..... [kontinued at tm.02]

                -3

                Steim [www.steim.nl] symposium on KM [knowledge management] - with:

                Netochka Nezvanova, Anne Laforet, Domiziana Giordano, Claudia Westermann, Maja Kuzmanovic

                may email nezvanova@steim.nl regarding participation
                dates + simply.SANITARY propaganda in 01 subsequent transmissie.

    /_/
                          /
             \            \/       i should like to be a human plant
            \/       __
                    __/
                                   i will shed leaves in the shade
        \_\                        because i like stepping on bugs

 Netochka Nezvanova                  nezvanova@eusocial.com
 Stichting STEIM                    http://www.eusocial.com
 Achtergracht 19                  http://www.biohakc.com
 1017 WL Amsterdam              http://www.ggttctttat.com/!