Beatrice Beaubien on Fri, 5 Oct 2001 04:23:17 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <thingist> unplugged...

Originally sent to thingist, but is not being posted, for whatever reason.

>Dear Wolfgang & al,
>
>O.k. let's get back to this for a minute.

Well, here is another unplugged thing (pardon me for being totally obtuse the last week. I put it down to being feverish with flu).

All the photo shots of Afghani refugee kids that have hit the pages of the Globe and Mail in the past week show  (without comment) these tiny little tikes with blond hair.

This isn't just mild malnutrition. This is the nether reaches. These kids are almost dead of protein deficiency.

In Rajasthan I would see kids with reddish hair and worry about them. These Afghani children are beyond that. They will be dead very soon unless someone does something now.

Afghanistan. 20 million only is slightly less than the population of  Canada. With less than 10% of the land mass. Dying.

Biti