Hari Kunzru on Thu, 11 Oct 2001 12:49:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Muppets at war: Sesame Street's Bert at pro-binLaden rally

Some context for Bert. I don't know if he's known as Bert in Bangladesh,
but for a long time muppet-like characters have been used there to teach
children the basics of Islam. On Brick Lane in London, home to an
established Bangla community, posters of 'Bert' in prayer cap, pointing to
a koran have been around for a while. I think there are VHS distributed
religious kids programs

Hari

Hari Kunzru

www.metamute.com
www.harikunzru.com

current physical location: New Cross, Off World Colonies, South London