Steve McAlexander on Fri, 12 Oct 2001 17:47:02 +0200 (CEST)

RE: [Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Bush's administration new network

Our friends (?) in Gov't  can't  control security on the internet today with
the NIPC (National Infrastructure Protection Center) and even with the FBI.
What makes them believe or think that another isolated, insulated network
will make them successful at securing it?  The Gov't has no track record of
being able to secure anything they control as there hasn't been any network
that has ever been hack proof ever!

Perhaps, it is because they are either ignorant about what constitutes
network security engineering or very clever knowing that this new network
will only secure information from its  citizens and not about countering any
hacking threat at all.

Fortunately, for all of the rest of us living here in the "land of the free
and the brave" Authoritarianism here is more of a benevolent dictatorship
that  isn't very smart though well funded and well intentioned will fail.

Steve McAlexander
 It is error alone which needs the support of government.  Truth can stand
by itself.
 -- Thomas Jefferson
One man with courage makes a majority........
Abstraction is not our enemy unless it is thought to be our only friend.
- Graham Dunstan Martin
 Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
- - Walter Lippmann
 Thinking men cannot be ruled . . . Ayn Rand

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.  If
delivery of the message to the addressee), you may not copy or deliver this
message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your
employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.
relate to the official business of my
firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.