Geert Lovink on Mon, 22 Oct 2001 10:04:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Videotage: Macau Video Projects

From: Videotage <videotage@i-cable.com>
Subject: November Video Cafe: At Least We Have Them

For immediate release

At Least We Have Them: Macau Video Projects from the 1980s to 2000
Thursdays,15 November and 22 November, 2001
7-8:30pm
Videotage, No. 13, PB Blk 567, Cattle Depot Artist Village
63 Ma Tau Kok Road
To Kwa Wan, Kowloon
Free Admission

Videotage announces the screening of "At Least We Have Them: Macau Video
Projects from the 1980s to 2000" on Thursdays, 15 November and 22 November
from 7-8:30pm. ĘThe screenings will feature the videos by: Lau Wan Hung,
Au Tak Cheong, Sally Fong, Veronique Wong, Wong Chee Wing, Tang Chee Chiu,
Chu Iao Ian, Lobo Yip, Lorence Chan, Vincent Hui, June Cheong, and Alice
Kwok

Macau is a small city. So is the city's number of video artists. Tracing
back Macau's development of video art is difficult; Certain figures
appeared during certain periods of time, made some noise, and retreated.
In the early nineties, the Macau Arts Institute organized the city's first
course in video production. Some of the artists who went abroad for
studies in film and video art began to return to Macau in the
mid-nineties.

The videos showcased in "At Least We Have Them" begin with works produced
from the eighties onwards. No commonality is found in these works other
than that they are elementarily amateur in production and presented as
alternative expression, including that of narration, experimentation,
documentary and realism.

"At Least We Have Them" is organized by the Associacao Audio-Visual Cut,
whose on-going efforts of promoting video art to the Macau public has
created a refreshing current of video production and activity on the
island.

For more information, please call Videotage: 2573-1869

--
Videotage
Unit 13, Block PB 567, Cattle Depot Artist Village