Paul D. Miller on Wed, 7 Nov 2001 11:35:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Dj Spooky presents "Synchronic" at the Lunatarium this Friday!

Please forward!!!!                               PLease Forward!!!!
Please Forward!!!!

Hello All: check the situation:

CD:dir:>Flip mode/open sequence:goto>>>wildstylz>>>

WHAT: Subliminal Kid Productions is pleased to announce a new weekly
situation - "Synchronic - an event based on concpetual art and Dj
CUlture that's about TIME... it's a "HAPPENING" every Friday nite -
starting this Friday - for the next several months at the Lunatairum
- top floor 10,000 sq foot loft in the riverfront industrial section
of Dumbo, Brooklyn

WHERE:  The Lunatarium - Jay & Water Streets in Dumbo Brooklyn - top
floor... really big industrial space with a view of all three bridges
between the Manhattan and Brooklyn, and an amazing view of the
river.... more info: www.djspooky.com

WHO:
Dj Spooky that Subliminal Kid

and

DB of Break Beat Science

The event is sponsored by Subliminal Kid Productions (um... that's
me...), Break Beat Science (Dj DB the store's proprietor and one of
the mainstains of American Breakbeat culture will be a resident),
Akin Atoms from Byzar, Dj Duane from Other Music that record store in
NYC that specializes in experimental music, and a host of guest
appearances by other international digital media artists, writers,
and musicians every week.

This week will feature:
DJ Nat Rahav with special guest from the music collective "Organic
Grooves - Turntables on the Hudson"
The Touch Brothers
Sean Hall and Billy Shane
Residents: Dj Duane and Akin
Live: Kudu

and as an addition to the roster

The Basement Bhangra/Mutiny Crew in the form of Dj Sirakhi will be
joining us soon....

  - for an updated roster and exact directions just go to the website

THE BASIC SITUATION: ART AS PERFORMANCE AS TOTAL THEATER... the
theatrical aspects of the event are in the tradition of experimental
theater and dance that resonates with thespian troupes like
Funkadelic, De La Guarda, Fire Sign theater, and newcomers like
Fischerspooner or some of the Dada Scene in the Weimar Republic of
early 20th century Germany, or the after hours jazz bars in Harlem at
the same time...  but this is NOW and the theater is comprised of
numbers and their unfolding in time... digital environment and
context: a new theater group/ensemble  called "Vessel" that's
directed by the young up and coming theater star director Rachel
Bowditch will create new situations every Friday for the duration of
"Synchronic"...  "Vessel" - you will be hearing this name again
soon...

Address is 10 Jay/ John Street and Pearl Street in DUMBO, Brooklyn.........
for more information and specific directions go
to.....www.lunatarium.com or www.djspooky.coom

CODICIL:
I'm going to be travelling on tour to support my new mix album "Under
the Influence"  (opening acts for the "Under the Influence Tour" -
The Coup, and Mr. len from Company Flow) in the U.S., Europe and
Japan and various other locales for a while and will be in and out of
town, but in the same tradition as Warhol, George Clinton, and
Maurizio Cattelan, there will be a distributed network of DJ Spooky
clones everynite... I will be making guest appearances on John Peel's
radio show in London and Cold Cut's "Solid Steel" theater of samples
on BBC to support the mix as well as other radio/t.v./internet art
interventions... for info/specifics... just check the website....
like George Clinton said a while ago "The Clones of Dr. Funkenstein
have arrived... may I frighten you?" You won't know if I'm there or
not...
tix: $10 at the door... $7 from the website...

peace...
Paul D. Miller a.k.a. Dj Spooky that Subliminal Kid

ps, if you'd like to be removed from the list,
just drop me a line with the usual "unsubscribe" in the subject
heading... and consider the fadeout...

CD:dir:>Flip mode/open sequence:goto>>>wildstylz>>>end.

Port:status>OPEN
wildstyle access: www.djspooky.com

Paul D. Miller a.k.a. Dj Spooky that Subliminal Kid

Subliminal Kid Inc.

Office Mailing Address:

Music and Art Management
245 w14th st #2RC NY NY