samba@caipirinha.com on Fri, 9 Nov 2001 19:30:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] chasing windmills of peace forum#2 in nyc 11/11

========================
more than ever, time to debate, engage, participate. in case you are
in nyc this sunday, nov 11th, please join us at our world affairs
forum's second installment.

iara lee
caipirinha productions
========================
caipirinha productions, in association with ocularis, presents

CHASING WINDMILLS OF PEACE forum discussion #2

*HAMID DABASHI, Ph.D.- columbia university professor- middle eastern culture
*DOUG HENWOOD - editor of 'the left business observer' newsletter,
author of 'a new economy.'
*MICHAEL GRIFFIN- author of 'reaping the whirlwind: the taliban
movement in afghanistan'
*screening of NOAM CHOMSKY's MIT lecture excerpt: 'the new war against
terror'

we invite you to a discussion on middle eastern culture and politics,
with the hopes of shedding light on afghanistan's socio-political
history and putting our current relations with that country into a
more in-depth context.

sunday, november 11, 5:00 pm
ocularis at galapagos art & performance space
70 north 6th street (between wythe + kent avenues) williamsburg, brooklyn
L train to bedford avenue (3 stops from union square)
FREE ADMISSION

rsvp: arroz@caipirinha.com
for more information: www.caipirinha.com * www.ocularis.net

CAIPIRINHA productions (pronounced 'ky-pee-reen-ya') is an
independent mixed media arts & culture company with activities in the
fields of film, music and human rights.

OCULARIS is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization established to
provide a forum for the exhibition of work by emerging and
established independent, experimental filmmakers.