Claudia Westermann on Tue, 13 Nov 2001 17:29:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: [syndicate] Rise and Decline of the Syndicate

bonjour,

just resending something.

It is about human being's incababilty to deal with a subject of community,
which most of the time leads to authoritarian actions. I sent this already
on September 9th....
a kind of abstract reply to what happened on Syndicate.

Might be also interesting in regard to responsibility of the the events of
September 11th.

( not that I am thinking, that nn's actions can be compared to this. It's
ridiculous. NN provides a mirror and looking at it and the reflections of
the world I can see in it, I just think that there is a long way to go. )

When do people start to think ?

Regarding the movement excitement of Syndicate mailing list.... well a look
into the archives will show, that
Broeckmann / Arns refused any public discussion on the list, once they
decided to give it up. I guess many of us have these mailings in their
mailbox. Not really necessary to resend them. Or is it ?

..... and hm..... Syndicate is by the way the most loveliest list, I
think... I like it now, very lively.

Claudia

I really think, that the text is fragmentary ( and also would need some
editing of my English ), but ...
well anyway, impossible to put some ten years of urban / architectural
studies into such a text ...
it's more about giving an idea

a web version is here:
http://anart.no/~syndicate/2001-09-09_18-23_+02.html