Paul D. Miller on Wed, 28 Nov 2001 20:15:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Tonite! Dj Spooky + the Coup at S.O.B.'s!!!

this is the first wave!!!      this is the first wave!!!!!    this is
the first wave!!!!   this is the first wave!!!!

Hello All! Sorry about the last minute message, but I've been out of
town and the travel thing can be a mutha... but anyway, yeah, tonite
I'm doing a live mix of my new album "Under the Influence" at
S.O.B.'s with the Coup (whose new album "Party Music" got all sorts
of weird media 'cause it had the WTC situation on the cover - before
9/11...), and I just wanted to remind friends and family about the
show...

The show comprises turntables and  multi-media material about the WTC
situation and video's by Emergency BroadCast Network and a crew out
of San Francisco called "One Infinity" that's been working on some of
the best animation I've seen in a while (they did "Dice Raw" for the
Roots affiliates on MTV that predates Tha Gorrilaz by a long shot...
but anyway, that's another topic...)... the whole evening is
basically another wildstyle situation.... the album is one situation,
the media is another... multi-cultural multi-media y'all... come on
by!!! The show starts at 9pm or so, and goes until after midnite or
something like that (it is a showcase...). Let me know if you want
guest list etc etc otherwise tix are

$18

The show is at
S.O.B.'s tonite

Hudson and Varick in Manhattan...
starts at 9pm...

The tour then goes on the road  in the U.S. before I hit Europe, but
that, as they say, is a different theater of operations. If you're in
the U.S. check me at any of these dates... The tour dates for the
U.S. are listed below, along with some of the more "academic" stuff
I'll be doing on the side at Duke Univeristy and MIT:

Dj Spooky That Subliminal Kid "Under The Influence Tour" - the
politics of sound in a democracy of images...  the next wave of tours
in the U.S. will be in the Spring after I get back from Europe...

Wed-Nov-28		NEW YORK, NY	SOB's
Thu-Nov-29	 	<web event> www.djspooky.com
Fri-Nov-30		PHILADELPHIA, PA	TROCADERO
Sat-Dec-01		CAMBRIDGE, MA	MIDDLE EAST and lecture at MIT
Sun-Dec-02		WINOOSKI, VT	HIGHER GROUND
Mon-Dec-03		PROVIDENCE, RI	THE MET

Wed-Dec-05		CLEVELAND,OH	AGORA
Thu-Dec-06		CINCINATTI, OH	TOP CAT'S
Fri-Dec-07		OBERLIN, OH	OBERLIN COLLEGE
Sat-Dec-08		BOWLING GREEN,OH	CLAZAL THEATER
Sun-Dec-09		<web event> www.djspooky.com
Mon-Dec-10		BLACKSBURG, VA	VIRGINIA TECH

Sat-Dec-15		WASHINGTON, DC	9:30 CLUB

		2002

Thu-Jan-17	CONF	Raleigh, NC	Seminar at Duke Univ.
Fri-Jan-18	CONF	Raleigh, NC	Seminar at Duke Univ.

for more info etc etc check the website
www.djspooky.com

I'm still working 'pon de next album, the new magazine "21C" and book
projects.... more on that stuff in a little while... there's only 24
hours in the day...

alright,
peace All...
Paul

oh yeah... Synchronic is on Fridays... going strong with the Mutiny
Crew this week, and wildstylz from rachel Bowditch's theater
experience "Vessel".... stay tuned for more info...

Port:status>OPEN
wildstyle access: www.djspooky.com

Paul D. Miller a.k.a. Dj Spooky that Subliminal Kid

Subliminal Kid Inc.

Office Mailing Address:

Music and Art Management
245 w14th st #2RC NY NY