Afghan Youth on Fri, 21 Dec 2001 13:52:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] "Formation of Education Systems in Afghanistan"

 Urgent!!!!

Afghan Round Table Meeting “Formation of Education Systems in Afghanistan”
       January 14-15-16, 2002 Perugia – Italy

PeaceWaves “International Education Community of youth ambassadors for
Peace” is convening a meeting formed of various educated afghans living
abroad as refugees and those NGOs working for education projects in
Afghanistan, after consultation with Mr. Farhang (Rome-Italy, 10/12/2001)
the interim government’s “Minister of Reconstruction” the meeting is
scheduled to be from January 13 (arrival day) to January 17 (departure
day), 2002 in Perugia city in Italia. With considering that a lot of well-
educated afghans who are able to contribute and help somehow to the
reconstruction of education systems in Afghanistan are living abroad, for
bringing all these people together PeaceWaves decided to convene and host
the meeting in Italy in order to realize effective education projects for
Afghanistan. We will also have Young People in the meeting, as youth are
the future builder of the country and have more energy to use for the
rehabilitation and development of Afghanistan, in addition to this we are
looking to have participants and observers from UNESCO, UNECEF, UNHCR,
UNHCHR, UNEP, European Parliament and other International Organizations and
foundations. This meeting is mostly focused and will be concentrated on
developing educational projects in Afghanistan, if we look at the
priorities, we find education the basic foundation of the country that we
have to concentrate and contribute more on this issue.

We would like to invite to those organizations who are working for the
reconstruction of Afghanistan and are able to help and contribute somehow
to the reconstruction of educational systems in Afghanistan to participate
and work with us in order to be able to act more effective in the field of
education. Each organization can select up to 2 participants, for extending
invitation papers to the participants we need following information:

Participants required details:

Only for afghans and NGOs dedicated for Afghanistan:
1. Full passport Name and Number:
2. Gender:
3. Birth date:
4. full contact address and a fax No. where can send invitations:
5. Telephone No.
6. email:
7. Organization Name and contact person:
8. Organizations full contact address:
9. Date of establishment of the organization:

 A short description of the organizations activities:
 A short detail of your qualifications:
 Have you and your organization ever been involved in any
educational
program/project? if yes, please describe. (not more than 250 words)

Do you need contribution for your airfare? if yes, how much does your
organization will contribute? and how much do you require from Peacewaves?

Do you need a visa for coming to Italy? If yes, please write and indicate
the nearest Italian embassy or consulate where you will be able to apply
for visa application.

Only for International Organizations:

1. Delegate’s full passport Name and Number:
2. Gender:
3. full mailing address and Fax No. (where we can send invitation papers):
4. Organization’s Name and contact person:
5. Organization’s full contact address:

 A short description of your organization:
 How do you think you or your organization will be able to
contribute in
education programs/projects for Afghanistan?

Travel costs and accommodations:

Participants will be meet up on arrival at “Rome Fiumucino airport” in
Rome Italy, and will be chaperoned all during their entire stay in Italy,
in addition to this only a limited amount of funds will be available for
travel costs/airfare of those delegates coming from Pakistan/Afghanistan,
who will not be able to provide their flight ticket. Participants from
other countries and International Organizations will be responsible for
their own airfare.

Please send above required information as soon as possible in order to
have time to extend invitation and facilitate visa application for those
who needs visa.

Thank you very much!

A. Rateb
--
Rateb Ahmad
International Consultant/Advisor

C/o Istitute "Rosa Luxemburg
Corso Caio Plinio 6, Torino-10127
Italy

Website: www.peacewaves.org

--
You Win!  We Donate.
Register to win $10,000 and Lycos will donate $1 to the Children's Wish Foundation (up to $20,000 in total).  Limit of one registration per person.  Go to http://shop.lycos.com/holidays/sweeps/

Join in Cross-Cultural ICT "Telecollaboration Project" at:
                        <http://www.telecollaboration.org>
                        <email:info@telecollaboration.org>

If you wish to be removed, please reply: