Ivo Skoric on Thu, 17 Jan 2002 19:19:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: J Prlic and ICTY

Yes, Mike, perhaps did not know this part of Prlic's resume - but it
indeed makes perfect sense.

Former Yugoslavia in 1980s gave birth to this specific kind of
commie-yuppies. They came in all ethnic variations and their only
common factor was their insatiable ambition for power.

They function well in all ideologies, since they do not pledge
allegiance to any particular set of values, as long as it keeps them
floating on the top. Once they were ardent communists - often the
first to be promoted and the youngest in their class. The most
promising ones, they were also the first to jump the boat,
becoming convincingly eloquent representatives of the awakening
'national beings' within the ethnic variety of former Yugoslavia. And
now, often, they are the champions of Western democratic values,
the darlings of Soros and similar foundations and the first choices
for high ranking positions in service of international overlords like
Petritsch is.

There is a street term for this class of men, involving a certain color
and the part of our face that we use to breath and smell things.

ivo