Jaanis Garancs on Fri, 8 Feb 2002 18:32:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] [NICE] x-i.net stolen (fwd)

--
mailto:jg@x-i.net     	       tel: +49 (0)221 20189-169
http://www.khm.de/~jg	       gsm: +49 (0)173 454 66 00
c/o KHM, Am Malzbuechel 2, 50676 Cologne (Köln), Germany

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 18:04:55 +0200
From: Rasa Smite <rasa@re-lab.net>
To: nice@x-i.net
Subject: [NICE] x-i.net stolen

hello nice

within the next few days there might be problems with mailinglist and nice
website
as it seems that domain name x-i.net is stolen
nameservers in latvia still are recognizing this domain today
but most likely tomorrow it will be gone
jaanis is trying to figure out what and how has happened

but it seems that there are so many domain name selling companies on the
net, that they are monitoring when existing domains expire, and within the
same milisecond they are re-registering = steeling those expired domains

last year it happened with Locomotive project borderland.org
(now this project is running on new domain - borderland.tv )

we will save the list of nice subscribers, and will make new nice list on
other domain name, if we will not get back x-i.net

bye,
rasa