bruce@mindmedia.com on Sat, 23 Feb 2002 16:38:02 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Three Free Psychology/Self-Improvement Software Downloads

    MIND MEDIA REVIEW No.43
    Introductory Edition Edited by Mead Rose
    Copy Editor: Will Penna
    When you think about self-improvement, think Mind Media! To visit our
    site, tune your favorite web browser to: http://www.mindmedia.com

    IN THIS SPECIAL ISSUE!

    ++ WELCOME TO MIND MEDIA -- HOME OF PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT ON THE WEB
    by Bruce Ehrlich, Founder of the Mindware Catalog

    ++ THREE FREE SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS YOU THAT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE --
       DOWNLOAD SITES BELOW

    ++ FIVE SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD WEB SITES WORTH HAVING ON YOUR HARD DRIVE
       by Bruce Eisner

    ++ FIVE MINDWARE ONLINE APPLICATIONS YOU CAN VISIT TODAY
       by Bruce Eisner

    ++ FIVE FAVORITE MIND MEDIA PRODUCTS
       by the Mind Media Staff

    publication is written by the Mind Media staff and is sent to a
    subscriber list which has now grown to over 100,000. I am sending
    it to you because you visited Mind Media Life-Enhancment Network
    so I know you are interested in what I call
    Mindware. Please excuse me if I sent it to you in error,

    Mind Media Review is about "Mindware" -- a term I coined back in
    1988 to describe software that I had been collecting while I was
    finishing my doctorate in P.M. Actually, just when I was going to
    write my dissertation, I decided to start a small "side-business"
    called the Mindware catalog. The 32 page color catalog grew from a
    circulation of 5000 for issue mailed out in the spring of '88 to
    500,000 mailed in the summer of 1994 -- our last issue.

    In a strange twist, the first issue of the Mindware catalog was
    called The Mindware Review -- which was the hot idea of a
    marketing company I had hired to put out the first issue. When I
    found out I could print 50,000 catalogs for about twice as much as
    5,000, I left that company and found a local designer named Scott
    Sandow who was a great layout artist but an also had been in
    business and marketing his entire life. As someone who had come
    from Grad School (I didn't know the difference between an invoice
    and a purchase order), I was glad to have him spend hours with me
    figuring out what this mindware thing was all about and who would
    be interested in using it.

    This is an excerpt from the "Letter from the President" from that
    second Mindware catalog.

        "Welcome to Mindware! An extra dimension has been
        added to your personal computer with the arrival of a new
        genre of software we call mind appliances. These mind
        appliances cover many areas but share a common purpose:
        the enhancement of human intelligence in all its aspects -
        - and so our name became,"Mindware."

        Mindware was conceived and created to be more than a
        business in the normal sense. We sincerely believe that
        anyone can benefit from this new relationship between computers
        and the mind!

    By the time we had grown to half a million catalogs, we were the
    first catalog to have sold a CD-ROM drive along with CD-ROMs to
    play in them and also the first to sell voice recognition
    software. In a sense, we were kind of a "Sharper Image" of
    computer software as well as a self- improvement catalog.

    One half-million catalogs costs a lot to mail. Our post office
    bill was so large, I thought we should be given red carpet
    treatment at the post office -- but we had to stand in line like
    everyone else. Our team at Mindware was always dreaming of
    starting something like America Online or even to be given a
    section of AOL or than equally prominent CompuServe in order to
    replace or at least supplement the catalog.

    My main assistant at the time,Thad Atkins had a couple of friends
    who were starting a company to do catalogs on something called the
    World Wide Web. When I ordered an ISDN line and started browsing,
    I was sure that this was where I wanted real estate. So as the web
    began to become more than just a place for scientists, we were one
    of the earliest online. Our first web site was at mindware.com but
    we decided to create a larger site called the Mind Media Life-
    Enhancement Network so that we could feature more than just the
    Mindware Catalog Online.

    In 1995, we stopped printing catalogs and went entirely online.
    The same year, I came out with the first email edition of the
    Mindware Review. At the time there were only about a hundred
    online newsletters and so were actually read and even enjoyed (I
    got a lot of email asking questions when I wrote something which
    is how I know).

    But by the end of the decade, the Internet revolution occurred --
    which actually made it more difficult for us in many ways. All of
    the good programmers and web artists were suddenly working for
    large corporations that formerly only had stores and advertised on
    TV. Search engines were selling ranking -- and we didn't have the
    money to pay. From less than twenty online catalogs that were
    around when we started, now there were 200,000. Many of them
    started what became known as the "dot comers" -- people who had
    made money in other businesses and now were getting Venture
    Capital which allowed them to out spend us by huge factors.

    Perhaps the one of the strangest stories of my twelve years in the
    computer human potential business was an event that took place in
    the fall of 1999. It was right in the middle of the Internet boom
    -- when you drove through Silicon Valley and saw billboards from
    VC companies. A woman called me. She told me that she had an
    online art gallery but that her first love was personal
    development -- the kind of products and services that we provide.
    She then told me she represented someone in the "self-help" field
    whose name I would instantly recognize. He had acquired a publicly
    traded shell (a stock in which the company no longer exists but
    which is still listed on a stock exchange -- a fast way of raising
    public money is to buy one of these "shells" and put your company
    and a few others together into it.).

    She was looking for a few good personal development sites which
    you could join together under this self-improvement figure. At one
    point, she had me on the line with a gentleman who asked me what
    my gross sales were. He had seen my business plan, which is posted
    on our web site and mistakenly took our projections based on one
    million dollars investment as our current earnings. When he found
    out we weren't making the projected figure, he hurriedly got off
    the phone.

    Who was the mysterious man? A few months afterward, Anthony
    Robbins launched his high-profile web site -- Dreamlife.com. And
    here is an excerpt from a January 10, 2000 Newsweek Magazine
    (International Edition) --
    http://www.rickross.com/reference/general/general162.html --
    article:

        "This much is clear: if success is the goal, the gurus
        have found it. Anthony Robbins leads the pack. Of all the
        gurus, he's most focused on the Net. Last summer Robbins
        took control of a publicly traded shell company whose
        stock cost just pennies a share and announced plans to
        build a self- improvement Web site, Dreamlife.com. The
        site still isn't operational, but investors don't seem to
        mind. Last week its stock stood at $16 a share,
        putting Robbins's stake at more than $300 million."

    Well Robbins site was slick and "did everything right" -- from
    personalized membership to an online interactive tutorial which
    identified the parts of life that needed improvement, complete
    with Tony Robbins voice and picture to guide you. I joined the
    site and was bombarded with Newsletters on a daily basis.

    Now in one of the business plans I wrote, before the Internet
    became so fashionable -- I suggested that Mind Media approach
    individuals such a Robbins, Deepak Chopra

    Stephen Covey. In "The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, and
    John Gray, the former Hindu monk from right here in Mind Media
    Country, Santa Cruz, California -- who wrote "Men Are From Mars,
    Women Are From Venus," with the idea of Mind Media using its
    expertise to give them a web presence. So when the VC money flowed
    like wine and all of the big guys jumped aboard, little Mind Media
    remained pretty much a slowly evolving web organism as it always
    had been.

    Well  in  mid-2001, a year after its launch, Dreamlife.com was
    dead. And Mind  Media is still here.. Back in 1990, one of the
    software publishers I featured on in the Mindware Catalog, Bert
    Shaw, sent me this quotation which still hands on my bulletin
    board.

        "Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.
        Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful
        men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is
        almost a proconservation alone will not; the world is full
        of educated derelicts."

    The saying had nobody it was attributed to, so I decided to look
    it up on the web as I was wring this, I found out it was said by
    good old "Silent" Calvin Coolidge himself, so I thought about
    taking it down since he doesn't have much of a reputation] as he
    had articulated an idea missed by many in the trendy self-
    improvement arena.

    So this special issue is dedicated to the future of what I called
    Mindware back in 1988. Its come a long way. In this issue, I'll
    start with three free programs we give away on our site. Then I'm
    going to take sections of two previous issues to introduce you to
    five great downloads on the Web (not on our site) and five of the
    best of the online applications And finally I'll put in a plug for
    five of my favorite Mind Media Products.

    So I'm still carrying the torch Mindware. My dream is to make
    our West into a portal dedicated to the use of computers
    as mind appliances -- for individual success and personal development
    and the enhancement of the diverse aspects of human intelligence.
    How is that for perseverance?

+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-+--+--+--+--+--+--+

    THREE FREE SOFTWARE DOWNLOADS YOU THAT MAY CHANGE YOUR LIFE
    Here are three free software give-always from mind media They
    all can be found on our "Specials Page"
    http://www.mindmedia.com/specials.html.

    1) The first is the ever-popular Mindviewer -- a very close
    follow up to the original Mind Prober which was published in the
    mid-1980's:

    MINDVIEWER  GIVES YOU X-RAY VISION INTO ANYONE'S HIDDEN
    PERSONALITY AND PRIVATE FANTASIES

    "Gain the advantage in personal and business relationships Reveals
    the secrets of winning people's trust Developed by an eminent team
    of psychologists "I was impressed by the reports it produced. In
    fact, I thought it pegged me pretty darn close to how I perceive
    myself. After showing the reports to a couple of close (and I mean
    close) friends, they agreed with Mindviewer's analysis completely.
    Of course I clipped out the section "Top Secret Sex Fantasies." --
    Ron Albright, Computer Shopper

    Uncover anyone's hidden personality with the best-selling self-
    improvement program of all time. After using Mindviewer, you will
    feel like you have x- ray vision into parts of people that
    normally they can keep hidden.

    People hide behind masks. With Mindviewer, you gain accurate
    insight into the true nature of your friends, family, employees,
    associates. Find out what makes them tick, what gets them angry--
    even how to shape their behavior.

    Developed by Drs. James and Kathy Johnson, a renowned husband/wife
    psychologist team, the program is both entertaining and
    enlightening. And its analysis hits home in a big way.

    Using the program is simple, yet the complex psychometric
    equations taken from personality psychology make the program
    uncannily accurate. Mindviewer asks you a series of multiple-
    choice questions about yourself or someone you wish to know
    better. Then you get a detailed profile of your subject, which can
    be viewed on the screen or printed as a detailed 3-5 page report
    custom-generated from the results. Run Mindviewer on your best
    friends and see if you get some new angle on them. Run Mindviewer
    on your boss for advice on important matters like how to get that
    raise or next promotion. Or try the program on your spouse or
    lover to reveal some hidden fantasies that just might warm up your
    relationship.

    You'll have fun finding out what Mindviewer can do for you! A free
    download at download at http://www.mindmedia.com/mv.com

    2) Another of our featured downloads is called Brainworks and it
    helps you determine which hemisphere of the brain you use --left
    or right or perhaps a bit of both.

    WHAT BRAIN HEMISPHERE DO YOU PREFER? ARE YOU MORE VISUAL OR
    AUDITORY? DISCOVER YOUR PERSONALITY STYLE

    Do you know whether you prefer your left hemisphere or your right
    hemisphere? When you think, do you think visually or in sounds?
    The answer to these two key questions can unlock important secrets
    to your personality. Secrets, which can give help you to become
    more successful and effective in everything that you do.

    Mind Media Life Enhancement Network is pleased to give you, for a
    limited time, Brain Works, a simple to use software program which
    answer the two questions we asked at the beginning, and then give
    you much more. You'll get a complete report which you can read on
    screen or print, how your unique preferences for right or left
    hemisphere and for visual or auditory thinking styles make up your
    unique personality style. But more important, you'll get guidance
    and important tips on how you can be more effective in your
    learning, in relating to others and in achieving your goals with
    maximum success.

    When you download Brain Works, you get a free subscription to Mind
    Media Review Newsletter with information on the cutting edge
    software, CD-ROMs and new technologies in computers and the mind.
    Back issues of this important publication are available on our
    site.

    The questionnaire is visual, short and fun. And you never get the
    same set of questions twice. The report invaluable! Print it out
    and keep it for future reverence. For a limited time only, Mind
    Media Life Enhancement Network presents Brain Work, a revealing
    mind revealing software program absolutely FREE! Download it now
    at http://www.mindmedia.com/brain.html
    The last is called IQ Smarts and it gives you four IQ scores
    instead of one and helps you build your IQ by several points -- up
    to 15 says the publishers.

    TURBOCHARGE YOUR BRAIN WITH IQ SMARTS MEASURE YOUR IQ - THEN RAISE
    IT DRAMATICALLY RAISE YOUR IQ BY 15 POINTS OR MORE

    Discover your hidden strengths At last, here is a computer program
    that can not only measures your IQ, and whether you are left or
    right brained-- it actually raises your IQ. And it will raise it
    not just a tiny amount but to a dimension that you never dreamed
    possible. From the psychological and programming genius of Dr.
    James Johnson -- founder of the pioneer Human Edge Software --
    comes IQ SMARTS, dramatic new advance intelligence.

    The software is based on major breakthroughs in the brain
    sciences. You?ll get exercises specially designed to develop your
    brain the same way aerobics, Nautilus, and other fitness programs
    have given us the ability to develop our body. Until now, these
    exercises have been available only from professionals with
    programs costing many thousands of dollars. Now these life-
    changing exercises are available with IQ SMARTS. IQ SMARTS begins
    by measuring all aspects of your intelligence through a short
    test. In the multi-page report you print out, you are told:

    Your overall IQ score Your "common sense" intelligence IQ score
    Your "book smarts" intelligence IQ Your "thinking creativity"
    intelligence score After explaining exactly what these scores
    mean, the program tells you exactly where you are strongest and
    targets weaknesses for improvement. IQ SMARTS explains what these
    strengths and weaknesses mean for your everyday life. Then, you
    are given a personalized training program that includes exercises,
    skills and procedures that are specific to your unique makeup and
    that are guaranteed to improve your ability to think and be
    creative. The user interface friendly and easy to use and you?ll
    be building brain cells in minutes after running the program.

    With this remarkable program, you can actually raise your
    intelligence by 15 points or more in as little as three weeks.
    This increase can mean the difference between success and failure
    in many careers and can
    lead a better and richer life.
    Download Spot http://www.mindmedia.com/iqsmart.html
+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-+--+--+--+--+--+--

    FIVE SOFTWARE DOWNLOAD WEB SITES WORTH HAVING ON YOUR HARD DRIVE

    If you're at all like me, you love to download and try new
    software. However as you might have discovered, you only really
    find a few programs that you continue using and want to keep on
    your hard drive. Today, I'm going to show some of the programs
    that I kept on my computer.

    In addition to being winners, I have tried to choose programs from
    a variety of different sub-categories of the genre that I call
    "mindware." They are all worth a download.

    1. http://www.goalpro.com/index.cfm?ID=50571 The people who
    publish GoalPro 5.0 calls it "The most effective success-
    management application available" and the funny thing is -- they
    may be right! I've been working on a special feature article
    covering my personal search trying to find the perfect program or
    combination of programs to accomplish the increasingly difficult
    task of managing my personal information. And GoalPro software in
    tandem with Microsoft Outlook is the combo that I use.

    But you don't have to use GoalPro on a PC. The people at GoalPro
    have kept up with the state-of-the-art and are offering GoalPro
    with most of its features intact as an on-line application. So
    Macintosh and Linux users as well as anyone who has access to the
    web can begin using GoalPro right now.

    What does the program do? Well it's hard to describe all of what
    it does briefly and so next month this publication will have a
    feature length review of GoalPro. In summary, it guides you
    through the process of listing and clarifying your most important
    life objectives.  You a set of concrete goals to reach each of
    these objectives and also create short term tasks for reaching the
    objectives and goals.

    The program not only helps you create your "success tree" of
    objectives, goals and tasks, it sets up a regular daily and
    separate weekend routine where you visit these lists and determine
    how you are doing. This is called Success Coach and it's pretty
    darn useful. There's even a past-due management system where
    people who set too many tasks or procrastinate -- - people such as
    myself -- can evaluate and reschedule missed deadlines. Download a
    free thirty-day trial -- you might want to keep using it.

    2. http://www.store-mindjet.com/affiliate.cfm?aff=PEZEVOBFQNFJ A
    mind map is a visual representation of the relationship between
    related ideas. The typical map starts with a central idea, word or
    concept. Then, around the central word you draw five to ten main
    ideas that relate to that word. You then take each of those child
    words and again draw the five to ten main ideas that relate to
    each of those words until you have an excellent visual model of
    the idea you are trying to understand or express.

    MindManager 3.7 is perhaps the best tool for creating mind-maps
    that has yet been devised, Whether you're trying to solve a
    problem, prioritize your daily activities, organize multiple
    projects or make a simple to-do list, MindManager will help.

    Here's some of the wide range of uses for the program: you can
    prepare speeches and presentations quickly and easily, plan and
    track complex tasks and projects, share project information with
    others, via MindManager's unique Internet conferencing, create web
    sites and/or site maps using the web site export features, track
    progress on projects visually, to quickly see how far along you
    are, organize multiple projects at once, take notes efficiently
    and easily reorganize them and more.

    Download a free full-featured demo -- or a smaller version which
    downloads quicker and try it for 21 days.

    There are a wealth of resources on-line to help you learn the
    skill of mapping your mind. So if you want the big picture, he's a
    place to start drawing it.

    3.http://www.brain.com Josh Reynolds's
    Brain.com focuses on mental performance enhancement with its
    premier thinkFast software. Now thinkFast is an on-line
    application and brain.com has become an on-line brain-enhancement
    community.

    In 1995,the Global Idea Bank listed my idea of the "mini- mind
    gym" http://www.globalideasbank.org/BOV/BV-488.HTML. The principle
    is that by using your brain, you can increase your mental fitness.
    Mind Media's IQ Builder and thinkFast software featured on
    brain.com work along these principles. They both give you a
    variety of mental tests which focus on a spectrum of mental
    abilities. By increasing the difficulty over trials, you "build
    mental muscle."

    Now thinkFast has become an on-line application and added features
    which take the idea of mental fitness workouts further.

    thinkFast is the perfect mind-mini gym and allows you to measure
    and save your improvements on-line. It "works you out" on a wide
    variety of mental skills. The program even includes your own
    Personal Tutor who coaches you to greater mental heights.

    4. http://www.acal.com  Stressmaster by Acel Self-Growth Software
    is about more than just stress. Modules contained within this
    ambitious Windows program include: Define Goals, Design Life,
    Overcome Additions, Change My State of Mind, Calm Anger, Cope with
    Daily Stress and several more.

    Some of the modules take you through interactive exercises that
    help you deal with various problem areas. Each of the modules
    written output is recorded in a master Self Discovery Journal.
    This is one of the best of the growing number of programs aimed
    toward self-therapy, StressMaster is available for a 30-day free
    trial.

    5. http://brainstorming.org/ablemind/index.html  ThinkWorld's
    Ablemind Streaming Idea Generator is the latest in the genre of
    brainstorming software and works in conjunction with the company's
    Brainstorming 101 seminar. You can download a demo version of the
    program, which contains a subset of the program's 87 million idea
    cards.

    The idea cards, which the program generates upon demand, consist
    of three words - a verb adjective and a noun. For example here are
    a few of the cards I drew: bevel postmodern shirts, lighten
    leather cans, vibrate instant televisions,

    These phrases might seem a bit meaningless but they are there to
    make you think. The company gives a few examples. Pump basketball
    shoes, they say, would have made people laugh twenty years ago.
    Now, after tens of millions of basketball shoes sold, people would
    think the idea pure genius.  A few more examples among the
    millions possible from Able's software: project Celluloid images,
    navigate electronic documents.

    Well the arguments pretty convincing that this software can make
    me money. I'm going to file my patent for a
    vibrating instant television tomorrow.
    .
+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-+--+--+--+--+--+--
     FIVE MINDWARE ONLINE APPLICATIONS YOU CAN VISIT TODAY
     by Bruce Eisner

    The Internet is always issuing new and trendy buzzwords and so you
    have probably started hearing that the next wave on the Web is
    online applications. In fact, online applications have arrived and
    will revolutionize the way that you will use the interactive self-
    improvement and personal-development tools which is the essence of
    the meaning of this new genre of Mindware tools.

    Since the beginning of personal computing, there have always been
    a number of competing operating systems which you can chose from
    to run your PC. In the past twenty years CPM, OS/2, the BeOS, the
    Macintosh, many flavors of UNIX along with several flavors of
    Windows. It has been a situation akin to the Biblical tower of
    Babel and so computer users for the most part chose Windows along
    those "who think different" picking the Mac. And the third most
    popular desktop operating system, Linux.

    Many people have chose Windows as an operating system because
    there are hundreds of times as many applications made for it than
    for the Mac or Linux or the others. Most computer users have
    dreamed of a day when it didn't matter what operating system you
    ran, you could use whatever application you wanted on any
    computer. Online applications are rapidly making this dream a
    reality.

    Online applications are built to work within a computer browser so
    that the application runs on the web server and any web-enabled
    computer can use them. In addition to their universality of use,
    these applications can also be upgraded by system administrator of
    the web server, virtually eliminating the need to constantly buy
    and install upgrades to every one of your software applications.

    Confined at first to a small group of mainstream software
    applications such as accounting software, utilities, online
    greeting card generators and the like, online applications are now
    becoming available for the kind of software that I like to write
    about.

    So here are five web online applications worth a visit. I've
    written about some of them before and their here again because
    they help broaden the range of possible scope of what you can look
    at today.

    Five Self-Improvement Online Applications worth a Visit

    1.http://www.living-software.com The first personal
    development online application I'm going to review is by an
    Israeli team headed by C.E.O Doron Zzur. The link above is to a
    beta of the most sophisticated self-therapy tool created for the
    computer and it runs on any machine you care to try it on!

    After registering, the program prompts you with the question, "How
    Do You Feel Today." You answer by writing down what psychologists
    are fond of calling "your issues" and then you are introduced to
    four helpers in cartoon form. You can choose any of them and they
    will converse with you and help you clarify your problem and think
    about it in different terms.

    Each of the helpers is a different kind of personality and can
    give advices, which might even contradict the other very different
    personality. By then noting changes as they occur, you involve
    yourself in an ongoing process. This process can lead to
    improvements in attitude and mood as the brainstorming helps you
    become familiar with your "issue." And with familiarity comes
    relief by looking at something you here-to-fore avoided.

    This is a beta and has some rough edges but the good part is that
    it is free. Also information collected will help to make this site
    even better. Eventually Mr. Dzur hopes to turn this into a paid
    service. He was inspired to go into this line of work by a very
    significant personal crisis in his life, which occurred after his
    wife passed away with cancer several years ago. He founded this
    company to make available to the public ways of quickly responding
    to stressful life crises. His company has board of consulting
    psychologists and the site is worth a visit or several.

    2. http://app.brain.com/member/join.cfm Josh Reynolds's
    Brain.com focuses on mental performance enhancement with its
    premier thinkFast software. Now thinkFast is an online application
    and brain.com has become an online brain-enhancement community.

    In 1995,the Global Idea Bank listed my idea of the "mini- mind
    gym" http://www.globalideasbank.org/BOV/BV-488.html was listed
    for voting.The basic principle is that by using your brain,
    you can increase your mental fitness by exersing it, just as you
    do physical muscles.

    Mind Media's IQ Builder and thinkFast software featured on
    brain.com work along these principles. They both give you a
    variety of mental tests, which focus on a spectrum of mental
    abilities. By increasing the difficulty over trials, you "build
    mental muscle."

    Now thinkFast has become an online application and added features,
    which take the idea of mental fitness workouts further.

    ThinkFast is the perfect mind-mini gym and allows you to measure
    and save your improvements online. It "works you out" on a wide
    variety of mental skills. The program even includes your own
    Personal Tutor who coaches you to greater mental heights.

    3.http://www.goalpro.com/index.cfm?ID=50571 I've written a lot in
    June and July about GoalPro - which I consider one of the most
    helpful software programs I've used to help me organize for
    success.  I'm featuring it here again because you've got to look
    around the site to find that in addition to the software version,
    there's an online version of GoalPro you can purchase as a
    subscription which allows anyone including Mac and Linux users to
    use this significant program. Here's what I wrote in June:

    The people who publish GoalPro 5.0 calls it "The most effective
    success management application available" and the funny thing is -
    - they may be right! GoalPro software in tandem with Microsoft
    Outlook is the combo that I use. But you don't have to use GoalPro
    on a PC. The people at GoalPro have kept up with the state-of-the-
    art and are offering GoalPro with most     of its features intact
    as an online application. So Macintosh and Linux users as well as
    anyone who has access to the web can begin using GoalPro right
    now.

    What does the program do? Well it's hard to describe all of what
    it does briefly and so next month this publication will have a
    feature length review of GoalPro. In short, it guides you through
    the process of listing and clarifying your most important life
    objectives.  You list a set of concrete goals to reach each of
    these objectives and also create short term tasks for reaching the
    objectives and goals.

    The program not only helps you create your "success tree" of
    objectives, goals and tasks, it sets up a regular daily and
    separate weekend routine where you visit these lists and determine
    how you are doing. This is called Success Coach and it's pretty
    darn useful. There's even a past-due management system where
    people who set too many tasks or procrastinate can evaluate and
    reschedule missed deadlines. Download a free thirty-day trial - -
    you might want to keep using it -- I did.

    4. http://www.timecontrol.cc Panella Strategies: Success-Centered
    Time Management Power and Power Marketing Principles is not an
    exactly an online application but I put it here because it relies
    on the multimedia capabilities of the web to deliver an extensive
    library of time management principles developed by Vince Panella.
    During the past 18 years, his profit and time-building programs
    have influenced thousands of companies and tens of thousands of
    people in 25 countries around the world. The application- like
    section is called the Time Control Room and it has series of
    modules which take several days to learn (Panella finds that most
    people who take other time management courses don't learn anything
    because they are presented two quickly so they are forgotten just
    as quickly. Real Audio lectures by Vince Panella are supplemented
    by written materials available for download and the program
    together works very well.  The cost is $20 per month but readers
    of this column can email mailto:psi@accelernet.net  and get yearlong

    subscription for only $49.95 if you mention that Robert Galpren,
    Editor-In-Cheif from the Mind Media review sent you.

    5.http://www.ansir.com -- Ashir.com is more than a web site, it is
    one premier example of Mindware online app. Ashir.com starts with
    a personality test which uses a unique system called the Ansir
    Style of Relating. You take the test after registering and are
    rated on 14 different personality attributes. Here is what they
    say about their test. "Discover your Self- truth and potential!
    It's free, challenging, and enlightening! But be warned, this
    serious test has 2,744 possible combinations and is ranked-by
    participants and Members alike-among the toughest and most
    accurate on the Web. Self-honesty is key. Read Profile Briefs
    first, then learn much, much more with Profiles In Depth
    absolutely free! Once you take the test, you are presented with a
    unique perspective on yourself and also become part of the
    Asir community. It is fun, fascinating and most of all - worth a
visit.

+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+-+--+--+--+--+--+--

    FIVE FAVORITE MIND MEDIA PRODUCTS
    by the Mind Media Staff
    Here are the most popular Mind Media products of all time
    favorite from actual sales figures.

    1) Most often on the order list -- our Top Twenty Software
    Programs from the Famous Mindware Catalog
    http://www.mindmedia.com/catalog/pub/bundles.html

    2) For those of you who want the highest quality Mindware CD-ROM
    based mental tests -- Be Sure to Get the Superstar Suite! Five
    multimedia tests originally published] by Virtual Knowledge, Inc
    available at http://www.mindmedia.com/customer3.html

    3) Always Popular -- Mind Prober 3.0 at
    http://wwww.mindmedia.com/probind.html came in third

    4) The State-of-the-Art CD-ROM by Psychologist Sam Keen --Your Mythic
    Journey http://www.mindmedia.com/mythicj.html

    5) Five Multimedia CD-ROMs for Personal and Professional Success
    -- Full Interactive Video Courses on a Disk! Titles: Manage Time,
    Organize For Success, Manage Stress, Attitude for Success
    and Communicate! http://www.mindmedia.com/catalog/pub/cdrom.html

+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+--+
    Digital River -- the world's largest electronic download
    company has taken over administration of our electronic download
    catalog. This means that you get their 30 money back guarantee and
    their technical support staff is on call 24/7 to insure that if
    you pay for your download you get your download. Just go to
    http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_Main.Entry?SP=10007&SID=30169
    &CID=0
    We hope you enjoy the work our staff has done to enrich the
    product descriptions of the programs you can download there
    include Mind Prober 3.0 and our Top Ten Windows Best-Sellers

    Mind Media, Inc. 849 Almar Ave. Suite C-125 Santa Cruz, CA 95060 You

    can order securely on our web site or Call toll free during weekdays
at
    1-800-818-9445 Or Internationally:1+831+4260762
    Or FAX 1+831+426-8519