News on Mon, 25 Feb 2002 22:16:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] News flash: Medal standings!

We would like to congratulate our Canadian team for their outstanding effort brought forth in the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics in 2002. Through 17 straight days of pure excitement, joy and exhilaration, we have seen our men and women battle to be the best in the world.

We believe that the Olympics are all about the athletes who participate in them. That is why, according to our standings, we have placed the United States first overall with 84 athletes who have won a medal. Canada ranks in 2nd with a total of 75 medals, but with a whopping 52 gold medals, they doubled Germany who finished with 26 gold medals.

FINAL MEDAL COUNT FOR SALT LAKE 2002
Country athletes with medals Gold Silver Bronze Event medals
USA 84 11 58 15 34
Canada 75 52 7 16 17
Germany 59 26 22 11 35
Russia 43 7 7 29 16