Diana McCarty on Thu, 28 Feb 2002 20:36:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] re: the degree zero of nettime

Tiziana,

Thanks for sharing your work in process with the list! If I'm
not wrong, this kind of posting has fueled much of the nettime
discourse over the years. I'm in full support of self-promotion
when it accompanies substantial texts like yours.

Brian's comments about how such a list can function as a social
university are also maybe more important than looking at ways for
directly crediting or compensating a community. I think a big
part of that compensation comes from how people engage with
that community. Here, the flow of text is important; texts,
comments, critiques, and reading constitute a space for thinking
and reflecting that even lurkers like myself take part in.

best,

Diana