hidenori watanave on Thu, 14 Mar 2002 19:17:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] "RhythmEngine" WEBSITE

hello nettimers,

we opened the official site of a project of spatial communication tool with
$B!H(JMusic$B!I(J and $B!H(Jvisual effects$B!I(J over the network.

"RhythmEngine"
http://www.photon01.co.jp/reg/

please download and play it.

------------------

RhythmEngine$B!I(J (REg) is a project of spatial communication tool with $B!H(JMusic$B!I(J
and $B!H(Jvisual effects$B!I(J over the network. The new communication tool, $B!H(JREg$B!I(J
proposes an ideal way of new un-simultaneous communication to the current
web-world where mainly $B!H(Jexchanging words$B!I(J on $B!H(J real time$B!I(J is getting
more focused. The world of web used to be based on un-simultaneous
communication as e-mail communication indicates of its method for instance.
Broad-band-ization in recent years tends to promote to pursuing of
simultaneity (Real-time) connection. The communication tool is switching
from the e-mail to messenger. However, real-time communication is pursued
how hard, the delay never becomes zero. Moreover, does the difference of
$B!H(Jdelay$B!I(J of a 2milli-second or a 1milli-second have significance so much?

In Japan, we discover or give stories within the trees, shrubs, the roadside
stones and so on$B!D(J to recall or visualize the past, and also leaves the
sentiment to someone in the future. The culture, which uses $B!H(Jthe material
such as stones$B!I(J as a catalyst to tell $B!H(Jthe sentimental emotion$B!I(J at
interval of times, has been cultivated from ancient times. Encounters of the
human and conversations could be happened in heart even across time and
place.

Endless pursuing of convenience conceives some danger of producing a savage
world. We now should re-appraise furthermore about the potential of the web,
which gives us the connection with others beyond time and location.

Moreover, looking back in the history of communication, message only could
tell by verbal, songs or gesture at ancient times and the message exceeds
times and generation with this way. Development of the printing technology
made carving messages on material possible. However, on the other hand, we
wonder if the rich expressiveness and emotional feeling from $B!H(Jsound$B!I(J and
$B!H(Jgesture$B!I(J are not impaired.

We propose $B!H(Jun-simultaneous communication$B!I(J and $B!H(Jmusic and image
communication$B!I(J which has rich emotion through the $B!H(JRhythmEngine$B!I(J.