6 digit on Thu, 4 Apr 2002 14:00:03 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Naive Things

I'm partly with you - I _don't_ have time for these discussions, but I need them badly - and partly against your point. It is clear that sustainability comes at a price, but doesn't this indicate that future developments in the autonomous field should work on a more temporary, nomadic level? Maybe it's a question of recognising and accepting the limits of autonomy, and moving within them. It's quite an issue, which was deeply discussed at a recent summit at the Madrid Medialab (Inke Arns, Peter Kluitenmberg, Sebastian Luetgert, etc.)It's perfectly clear that _any_ project has a limited useful life-span, so long-term sustainability might not turn out to be the paradise we imagine. At the same time, it is important to know at which point is a project to be abandoned, and when to move on. What I'm trying to imagine is some kind of sustained activity which could materialise in a series of static, strategic projects with a limited lifespan. I'm still only trying, though

Tu correo gratis en MixMail
¡Haz amigos!: Cita Ciega
_______________________________________________ Nettime-bold mailing list Nettime-bold@nettime.org http://amsterdam.nettime.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nettime-bold