Paul D. Miller on Tue, 9 Apr 2002 19:51:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Amiri Baraka and Dj Spooky - at the Knitting Factory this weekend...

Hello All - I'm just writing to do the old school e-mail thang
when there's an event etc etc. This weekend I'm doing a show
with the legendary poet Amiri Baraka at the Knitting factory
this Saturday as part of the "Beat Festival" they're putting
together, and well... it's a jam that's all about cross-generational
dialog, rhythm exchange, digital media and word painting... you
know, the usual wildstyle stuff I'm into...  stuff like that.
Me and him collaborated on a couple of tracks a while ago, and
this is a re-union. There's also going to be some amazing folks
sounding off:

Daniel Berard Roumain - on of the main composers at the Harlem
Conservatory will be playing violin, and the renowned new generation
poet, Carl Hancock Rux will also bless the mike... and there
will be various guest appearances from jazz and hip-hop heads
and all sorts of "electronica" types for an ILLbient jamdown...
so come on by. The event starts at 8 pm, and this will be a blazin'
hot situation, so come early...

regretfully, due to the amount of attention given to the show,
my guestlist is maxed out, but I bet there's still some tix around.
If you're in the area, come on by, there'll be lots of folks
from different scenes hanging out.

The Date: This Saturday coming up - the 13th no less...
tix in advance are
$13

at the door
$15

aight y'all!
peace,
Paul

directions:

74 Leonard Street
New York, NY 10013

Located four blocks south of Canal, between Broadway and Church
St.

You can take the 1 or 9 train to Franklin Street, walk one block
south to Leonard, turn left and walk a block & a half to the
club.

The A, C or E train can take you to Canal Street, where you would
walk 4 blocks south and turn left on Leonard.

You could also take the N or R train to Canal Street, walk down
Broadway 4 blocks to Leonard, turn right, and see the club at
the far end of the block.