WoNereH on Wed, 17 Apr 2002 01:03:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> >Israeli Occupation Forces Ransack Cultural Center?

In a message dated 4/16/02 5:42:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time, nettime-l@bbs.thing.net writes:

Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 14:21:34 -0400
From: Gita Hashemi <gita@yorku.ca>
Subject: [PMC] URGENT - Israeli Occupation Forces Ransack Cultural Center

Oh gee, could this be another one of those made for media lies the Palestinians seem to be so fond of?  Like the so-called massacre in Jenin?  What about the massacre in Jenin of 22 Israeli soldiers?  As a matter of FACT, under Jordanian rule, 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed. The Jordanians systematically desecrated the ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives. The Jordanians enforced an apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and the Western Wall. But you don't care one twit about that do you?  Neither did the U.N.  Under Israeli rule, all Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to people of all faiths.

Recently the Palestinians decimated Sarah's tomb.  If, and that's a big IF, they did as you say to this cultural center, I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Palestinians were hiding bomb supplies there.  The Israelis have demonstrated superhuman restraint, considering the crap the Palestinians have delivered.  The Palestinians called for war, and now they whine and whine about the consequences of their actions.

The fact is the 58 textbooks currently used in the Palestinian Authority school system, there is no mention of Israel's right to exist, nor any mention of the peace process.  None of the maps in these textbooks contain reference to the State of Israel or its cities.

The encyclopedia, "Our Country Palestine" (page 13) states clearly in black and white: "There is no alternative to destroying Israel."

Palestinian TV, radio and newspapers have fueled intense hatred for Israel and
promoted violent jihad. Jews are regularly called "the sons of pigs and monkeys" in Palestinian newspapers (Al-Hayat Al-Jadidah), Palestinian TV and radio broadcasts, hate-filled sermons from mosques, and children's programming that glorifies and encourages martyrdom. All of these media outlets are sponsored and controlled by Arafat's Palestinian Authority.

If you really want to know the truth about the situation in the middle east, which obviously the sender of this email does not, read on:

Israel became a nation in 1312 B.C.E., two thousand years before the rise of Islam.
Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part of a Palestinian people in 1967, two
decades after the establishment of the modern State of Israel.

Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 B.C.E. the Jews have had dominion over the land for one thousand
years with a continuous presence in the land for the past 3,300 years. The only Arab dominion since the
conquest in 635 C.E. lasted no more than 22 years.

For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital Jerusalem has never been the capital of any
Arab or Muslim entity. Even when the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it
their capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.

Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to Jerusalem. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward Jerusalem.

In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews. Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier. The Jewish refugees were FORCED to flee from Arab lands due to Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.

The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is estimated to be the same.

Arab refugees were intentionally NOT absorbed or integrated into the Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the 100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own peoples' lands.  Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no larger than the state of New Jersey.

The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended itself each time and won.

The P.L.O.'s Charter still calls for the destruction of the State of Israel.

Your hatred is no excuse for ignorance.

DG