Joseph Franklyn McElroy Cor[porat]e [Per]form[ance] Art[ist] on Tue, 30 Apr 2002 06:41:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: RHIZOME_RAW: GENERATION FLASH: Lev / Sawad

>I don't love all of it just because it's sculpture.

Nor do I...however I often respect the first attempts in any new medium,
regardless of how they stack up against the entire history. Inventing the forms
and structures are necessary before the critical and comparative process can
begin. And I did find an experience from Earth that I found meaningful -
viewing the abstract Mt Everest with knowledge of live data feed filled me with
an emotion resembling loss, a desire for something I would never acheive, and
which I did not know I desired.  It is simple, but an excellent start.

Much like

--
Joseph Franklyn McElroy
Cor[porat]e [Per]form[ance] Art[ist]
Take the Survey everyone is talking about...
http://www.electrichands.com/genius2000
Electric Hands, Inc
www.electrichands.com
212-255-4527