ana l. valdés on Tue, 2 Jul 2002 23:28:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] more on Documenta

I am planning to go to Documenta myself and I really appreciate Levs comments
and opinions.     The Swedish friends who visited the exhibition felt Documenta
very strong conceptual, trying to erase the borders between documentary and
esthetics. What about the works of Alfredo Jaar, Luis Camnitzer, Alan Sekula,?
Are we seeing a real melting between visual artists, theoricians, writers and
activists? For me as a writer and a political and cultural activist is crucial
to find a new language to include new shapes and new constellations. The
genocides in Rwanda, the each day struggle in Palestine, my own past as
political prisoner in South America in the Seventies, where is the
representation of all those phenomenoes? Where is the epic of our struggles?
Ana