Chef2Chef.Net on Wed, 3 Jul 2002 06:16:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Newsletter & Rigatoni Salad Recipe

Chef2Chef Home PageHome | Recipes | MarketPlace | Foodservice | TOP100
SIZZLIN' Topics! Community Forums | Jobs | Map
If you have received this newsletter in error, please CLICK HERE

July 2002 Newsletter

Chef of the Month, Robert Carter
Cynthia's Corner: The Origin of Pizza?
Last month's Sweepstakes Winners at Chef2Chef!
Culinary Directory: Are you listed? What is PPC?
Food Service and Hospitality Columns
Online Boot Camps for Home Chefs
New at the Market Place
Recipe: Chilled Rigatoni Salad

Our Last Newsletter
Access our last issue HERE

Join Cynthia for a week or "Crazy Kid Recipe"
Site of the Month, The Wine Tool
Look what you can WIN this month at Chef2Chef!
In Focus: Chefs in Business for Chefs
Technology: Links to the World
Is you Site listed in our Culinary Directory?
The ALL NEW Search Cockpit
The Market Place
Recipe: Herbed Fried Chicken

Chef of the Month Robert Carter of The Peninsula Grill

Upon his 1987 arrival in Charleston to attend Johnson & Wales University, Tallahassee-native Robert Carter started to make epicurean wavelets that augured his future success in the South’s most exciting destination. To fund his education, the enterprising Carter began cooking for one of Charleston’s most aristocratic families. Their kitchen became the envy of their social set, which inveigled Carter for a shot at his services. Inspired by their admiration, Carter took on the role of hired gastronomic gun – he was the principal and sole employee of a popular catering operation called Rent-a-Chef. The rest of the Story

Visit Cynthia's Corner for "The Origin Of Pizza" - An Astonishing UFO Theory!

Back in the late Forties, maybe early Fifties, the average person had never heard of pizza. Then suddenly, one pizza shop opened, and the craze caught on, and life has never been the same since.

But no one REALLY knows how it all began. There are many stories, of course, and perhaps a government cover-up or two, but who can say? Certainly no one in the public eye has ever admitted or even referred to how pizza became a much loved food.

You must realize that there were TWO phenomenon which simultaneously occurred at that time - not just the appearance of pizza, but the appearance of UFOs.

For the rest of this remarkable story and some Fantastic Pizza Recipes, CLICK HERE

Introducing NestleFoodServices.com – the most convenient way to learn about Nestlé quality products & solutions, plan your menu, and create an online shopping list.

Browse NestleFoodServices.com today and explore our extensive Online Product Catalog, delicious Recipes, handy Menu Planner and more.

Please visit our sponsor
NestleFoodServices.com!

Visit NestleFoodservices.com

Last Month's Sweepstake and Cookbook Winners at Chef2Chef.net

Chef Revival gave away 10 "Hot" Grilling Kits that include Grill Sox, a set of 12 inch tongs, a spice kit, a Mumbo Jumbo apron and a black baseball cap. Each set is valued at $90. The winners were Donna Flury, Barbara Sokolowski, Mary Rarer, Laura LaRiviere, Sara Servaes, Lori Adelman, Donald Griffin, Kathy Vallee, Brett Paynter and Alicia Lewis.

Kentucky Virtual gave away a $100 Shopping Spree at their web site to Louanne Graeber. She'll get to shop for items in over 20 categories. The food category alone includes Hams, Beverages, Meats, Shrimp, Jams, Seasonings, Snacks and more. If you didn't win last month, register to win again for July!  Register to Win!

FireBreath.com gave away a years supply of hot sauce to Teresa Downey! This month FireBreath.com will give away a "HOT" Boxer Shorts and T-Shirt Combo to a lucky winner! Look Good... Look HOT! Register to Win!

The lucky winners of last month's Cookbook from Ben and Karen Barker, "Not Afraid of Flavor" are Yvonne Hooker, Todd Bates, Cindy Shae, Ted Mruczek, and Rena Parker. Happy Cooking!

Culinary Directory: Are you Listed?

Every month, nearly 2,000,000 directory and search results pages are delivered from the Industry's most complete culinary database containing over 300,000 links. Are you receiving your share of this traffic? For instructions on how to add or modify a FREE listing, this is a great place to START NOW

Culinary Directory: What is PPC?

PPC stands for Pay-Per-Click. The basic concept is that the first 3 results in a search or directory take a whopping 70% of the surfers to their sites. Thus, the idea of the "pay-for-placement" was pioneered by overture.com.

How it Works: When a keyword you specify for your campaign is entered, your listing prominently appears in the search results. The rank depends on the amount you bid for your keywords. Only when a visitor clicks on your ad and is physically transported to your site will your account be charged for one click.

Pay for performance only! The Power of Keywords makes Chef2Chef the most cost effective way to obtain pre-qualified, culinary customers to your site.

Learn more or start your Campaign with $50 deposit

crisco.com

We Cook!

Crisco.com Looking for great recipes from appetizers to desserts, Crisco.com has them all. Looking for great ideas for a picnic or Cool Dinners for a Hot Summer Night? Crisco has them.

Crisco makes cooking a joy, not a job. And now we've made our website easier to navigate, loaded with more tips and techniques, and an expanded recipe section that rates preparation on a complexity scale of 1,2,3. You can also post ideas to the Crisco Message Board and store your favorite recipes from Crisco.com and your own kitchen in a Crisco Recipe Box. Please visit us at http://crisco.com

Market Place

Chefwise.com

The Creative inspiration behind Chefwise, exceptional line of products is Maitre Cuisinier de France, Chef Daniel Durand, a member of the French Culinary Academy. Chefwise "Is the Place" for professional and amateur chefs. Each product meets modern cooking methods, with flavored sauces, bases, fragrant bouillon and stocks, traditional soups and fine desserts waiting for the signature touch of a creative chef. Visit Chefwise "The wise answer for a busy Chef." Products available online or at 1-800-289-0062

AthensFoods.com

Athens Foods is the world's largest producer of fillo dough and fillo products. We produce more fillo than anyone, everyday, all over the world! With over 40 years of experience in perfecting the fillo dough process, we are committed to continually creating new recipes and fillo appetizers, desserts and delicacies.

Athens creates the highest quality, most flavorful and easiest to use fillo dough pastry sheets in the world. Athens® and Apollo® products include Fillo Dough, Mini Fillo Shells, Baklava, and new Ready to Go Fillo Dough for chefs.

The Good Cook Book Club
Get 4 cookbooks for $1 each!

Turn any meal into a magnificent feast with the help of world famous chefs like Julia Child and Emeril Lagasse. Learn how to make tempting treats, dazzling dinners and decadent desserts--fantastic foods that will make dining a delight! Discover a great selection of quick and easy recipes, techniques, and tips for both beginners and experts alike. Start now with 4 cookbooks for $1 each from The Good Cook. Click for details.

NervousNellies.com

We make 15 flavors of jam, marmalade and chutney in a tiny white clapboard jelly kitchen on an island on the coast of Maine. Most of our fruit is local--like wild Maine blueberries! Selected organic ingredients such as lemon juice and apple cider contribute an unusual level of quality.

Two of us work in the kitchen year-round cooking four small batches of jam a day. We pour, cap and label every jar by hand.  We ship nationwide via UPS every weekday.

FreshHerbCompany.com

Since 1988, The Fresh Herb Company has set the standards for specialty and decorative foods, their packaging, and usage. Specializing in, but not limited to Decorative Gourmet Accessories, our products can be found worldwide and near you. Using only the freshest ingredients and beautiful, recycled Italian Glass, we take pride in providing our customers with quality products.

AirTyme Corporation

For the past 18 years, Lou Ekus, President of AirTyme Corporation, has worked with many of the top people on the culinary and media arena. AirTyme’s clients are given a set of fundamental skills enabling a person to present him or herself confidently and effectively in any venue.

Clients of AirTyme include Food Network stars’ Bobby Flay; Emeril Lagasse, Sara Moulton; Ming Tsai and Charlie Trotter. Corporate clients include Levi Strauss Co.; Gourmet Magazine; Starbucks Corporation; Sunkist Growers; Woman’s Day Magazine and Lifetime Television.

Whether you are selling yourself, selling an idea or selling a product, AirTyme Corporation can give you the edge separating your message from the rest of the competition.

We Teach The People You Watch!

Bon Appétit from Your
Chef2Chef Team

Online Boot Camp for Home Chefs

Learn online at your own pace!

WEEK 1 Sauces that  will TURN Heads! We recommend that you start with Day 1, as subsequent days will refer to procedures learned the previous days.

WEEK 2 Did you say your mouth was bored? Learn when to season and when to flavor with Chef David Nelson.

WEEK 3 Be careful... It gets hot in here! About different types of peppers and how to use them, Chile vs. Chili, horseradishes, mustards & more.

Foodservice and Hospitality Columns

Check out our new column series focused on issues related to computer technology, foodservice and hospitality design.

NEW! Follow the Flow of Food by Lee Simon.

To kick off this column, I thought I would start by giving away the biggest, baddest secret to successful kitchen design.

NEW! Receiving Good Advice by Lee Simon.

Proper receiving can prevent a catastrophe. Read about receiving standards, components of a receiving station and more.

Foodservice & Computer Technology by Sue Grosbauer.

Purchasing, Receiving, Inventory Control, Menu Planning, Point-of-Sale Systems, Overall Systems Integration, Nutrition Systems, and more.

10 Places where Money is hidden in your Restaurant by Bill Quain, Pd.D

It may be too late to do anything about the money you have already missed. But, with a little work, you can uncover some great treasures in your business.

Look for more Articles to come next week in our expanding Technology Center

Today's Recipe from Crisco.com

Chilled Rigatoni Salad
picture
4-6 servings

1 clove garlic, halved
1-1/2 -2 cups cooked rigatoni
1 can (14 ounces) artichoke hearts, drained and cut into bite-size pieces
1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper or green pepper
1/2 cup cubed mozzarella cheese, 1/2-inch cubes
1 medium carrot, cut into julienne strips
1/4 cup sliced pitted black olives
2 ounces salami, cut into thin strips
1/4 cup CRISCO Oil
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves

Rub
inside of medium serving bowl with cut sides of garlic. Discard garlic. Mix rigatoni, artichoke hearts, red pepper, mozzarella cheese, carrot, olives and salami in prepared bowl.

Blend
remaining ingredients in small bowl. Pour over rigatoni mixture. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours. Stir before serving.

Recipe from Crisco.com

QUESTIONS, Comments, Technical Support
| HELP | UNSUBSCRIBE | Archive | Advertise

Copyright (c) 1999-2002 Chef2Chef, LLC All rights reserved. Chef2Chef(tm) and Chef To Chef(tm) are registered trademarks of Chef2Chef, LLC. All brand names and product names used in this email are trade names, service marks, and registered trademarks of their respective holders.