Vincent-Olivier Arsenault on Sat, 13 Jul 2002 04:03:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Octopus Dei

Yo All!

This is a call for participation for a collective digital gallery called
"Octopus Dei".

A little background: on October 6 2002, the pope will proceed with the
canonization of Josemaria Escriva, the founder of the Opus Dei. If you
don’t know about God's mafia, and the sound of it brings a nice James
Bond feeling deep inside, it is time you let your imagination go wild on
that google text field.

##############
# What? How? #
##############
Well basically, I bought the "octopusdei.org" domain, and I will
dedicate full hosting resources (httpd, servlets, rdbms, etc) to people
willing to design interactive, dynamic, visual and / or textual pieces
expressing whatever that Opus Dei (or Opus Dei-like) phenomenon inspires
them. I don't think they deserve very clever prose (nor anything
rational). So maybe we should stick to cynic textual aggressions,
graphic graphics (ha!), and fucked animations.

The only thing I know is that it definitively needs a nice evil-looking
octopus logotype; that and everything else will be determined
collaboratively. The communication channel will be specified to those
who reply to this (either privately or publicly).

I won't discourse on why you should bother participating, besides saying
that it's a nice little chance to definitively turn the page on that (oh
so aggravating) religion-induced neurosis as well as having your work
(hopefully) nicely contextualized.

;-)

vincent