atty on Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:44:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] post open_digi_LATINO, Bradys of BRIXTON

OLA nettime-l people,

thanks to all of you who got down to the first open_digi_LATINO, BRADYS of Brixton, last Friday. For those who didn't there are two rather inadequate pics of goings-on at http://club.net-art.ws/bradys/later.html

thanks and apologies to those of you got down at the advertised time (8.30 etc) and then had to leave before things really started to swing. I guess in the context of all the stuff we had to fix at BRADYS to get it open for the first time after four years of utter dereliction by 8.30 was very wishful thinking. The reality in the context of Brixton is that things start to really move between 10 and 11 and we ended up with just under 200 through the door and closed around 7am.

and special thanks to all who contributed, put in hours of preparation etc, whether they could be non-virtually present or not, Arcangel Constantini and Fernando Llandos in Mexico, Brian Mackern in Montivideo and Andres Burbano in Columbia. All of them made new fans in South London. Thanks also to Shaun Day and the other people at Mass Productions who showed us their street level video view of what is going on in Argentina, right up to the recent big demos of June 29th. I think we got some stuff shown from a bunch of people and continent to which London doesn't normally pay enough attention.

next up on August 2nd is a show entitled 'AROUND US', with the people (all non-virtual) from http://www.urban75.com and http://www.hi-res.net, toxi of http://www.toxi.co.uk and top Pixel Jockey, elout de kok from Amsterdam http://www.xs4all.nl/~elout/ + sounds. By then we hope we will have made a few more improvements to BRADYS, more projectors, more furniture, more fresh paint etc

hope to see you then and again sorry to those who were misled as to timing last Friday (should mention that if you stay till we close then the Tube should be running again in the morning!)

laters
atty