integer on Sat, 27 Jul 2002 23:29:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] \/\ dze or!g!n ov dze fam!l!

"Ivo Skoric" <ivo@reporters.net>

>Every succesful Balkan male

these successful Balkan males you speak of [including your father]
are but short fat family men

>over 40 suffers from high blood
>pressure and some sort of a heart problem, including my dad and,

family men eat + drink + dress as `pigs` because they are terrible lovers.

>evidently, Slobodan Milosevic. I believe

`pigs` are cowards.

cowards choose duty over love.

allora - 01 amalgam of naaaaaaaasssssstttty terribly dressed short fat ugly mafiosi.

ost.europa desires a wondrous fashion spektakle
+ will beget 1.

>that high collesterol levels
>were assumed to be a status symbol in former Yugoslavia, and
>that men clogged their arteries with lard in an attempt to raise their
>sex appeal gently growing their beer/wine bellies as a sign of
>prestige. Also, it is expected from a man to have short temper,
>which again, contributes to the risk of heart disease. And they are
>stubborn: they'd rather die than give up their habit.
>
>Seriously. Doctors told my dad that he was at risk of heart attack
>20 years ago and that he should change diet, give up alcohol, live
>less stressfully. He did not change anything, and he still lives and
>he is still at risk of heart attack, and fortunately he is on the good
>side of statistics (his diastolic pressure hasn't been under 100 for
>the past 20 years). If Milosevic is of the same stock, he may live
>longer than all the judges at ICTY despite whiskey, roasted lamb
>and Cuban cigars.
>
>I didn't know that roasted lamb was Slobo's favorite dish. But I
>should have expected. After all, in every culture status is
>connected with a certain way of life, certain clothes, certain foods,
>drinks, sports, etc. Like here in the US, rich and socially
>upscalish, play golf - in former Yugoslavia they played tennis (note
>that Tudjman was an avid tennis player). What do they eat here?
>Lobster? I guess, there are too many options in the U.S. In former
>Yugoslavia there was roasted lamb.
>
>Roasted lamb unites all post-Yugoslav countries: it is devoured by
>upstanding Serbs, Croats and Bosnian Muslims alike. Croats and
>Serbs also eat roasted pork, but the status of pork is clearly below
>lamb (and that is also reflected in price). Roasted lamb is also my
>father's favorite dish. I ate so much roasted lamb when I was a kid
>that I am now sick even thinking of it. If anyone is interested, I can
>give you a list of top restaurants in Zagreb, where you can get the
>best roasted lamb (also the best time to go is March...), and the
>mention of the last name that I share with my dad

 your father - lard + wine
 you - health club

 males love duty - even as boys.