Mediawatch on Mon, 29 Jul 2002 00:43:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] What to do if the President Gets Out of Control

What to do when the President Is Out of Control
28 Jul 2002 10:12 GMT

 Bush like Hitler? Somebody’s got to stop the guy before it's too late.

Looking back at history, I sometimes wonder about Hitler.

We cannot avoid that someone every now and then goes crazy with power.

Who wouldn’t lose a little the sense of perspective with all those
telephones on their desks ringing all the time.

I often think, when Hitler went gradually crazy over the years,
someone must have noticed that there was some kind of unhealthy skew
growing on his ambitions. Anyone who would have listened to his plans would
have realised they were insane.

Or am I the only one who knows how to say ‘no Sir’, when an objection is
due?

Even if the guy one day set off to do something absolutely out of
charachter, well someone in his cabinet could have said something to put
him back in his place, or wouldn't they?

Admittedly, I don’t know much about history, but I can guess that someone
like Hitler would
have nominated people at least as insane as he was to advise him.

And if someone was going to contradict him, chances are that they would not
have been around for long in his administration.

Nor in anyone else's at the time.

I mean, we all want to take over the world at some point in our lives, but
not that many of us would go through the trouble of killing half the world
population to do so.

Now I see Bush pushing for Iraq. It is obvious – we all know – that what he
wants is to push up the economy via the war.

To want to bring back America's economy on its feet is indeed a noble
intention.

And surely all the arms dealers and pushers that he hangs out with are
putting lots of pressure on the guy.

They may even be blackmailing him, for what I know.

I am quite sorry for you President.

Of course Bush's got a comfortable bunker in his backyard stocked up with
his favourite drinks and may not care about the fact that half the world
population – if not all of it – may end up wiped from the earth because of
the consequences of an attack on Iraq are clearly to the limit of any
prediction.

Lots of people around the world think that Bush jihad against Hussein is
indeed a little personal to be scaled up to global conflict.

Everybody thinks that the guy is out of his mind wanting to go onto Hussain
like that.

Even his own intelligence.

But the President is well known for wanting to do without intelligence.

I understand information has been ignored before?

Why not just go for a ‘duel’.

Send Saddam a glove via priority mail, and invite him outside at dawn.

That's quite honorable, and it would not involve the rest of us who would
like to hang onto the planet little longer.

We've got business here too, you know. Maybe not as profitable as yours -
yet - but things cannot go on like this forever.

It kinda worries me that your arbitrary, self interested decisions are
going to pull us all into something rather dramatic.

You know how easily things can get out of hand.

C'mon dont give me the bullshit of 'axe of evil'. Yes there is the axe of
evil, and it's going to blow you up unless you handle it carefully.

Ever considered doing a course to "freshen up your strategy skills"?

I know you think that the economy needs a pull rather badly, and that half
of the world population may well be more than enough given the scarcity of
resources, but I strongly disagree with that viewpoint.

I encourage you to sit down and rethink the way you look at life, in fact.

Think of the consquence of your actions, for once.

Insane world leaders should not be followed.

They should be stopped, and it’s the people’s job to do so.

Mine included. Let me know when you want to talk.

PDM
http://www.content-wire.com/FreshPicks/Index.cfm?ccs=86&cs=2088