Benjamin Geer on Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:22:02 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I got a PL digest [shand|nakov|recktenwald]

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 09:10:24 +0200, Novica Nakov wrote:
> When something is "copyleft" that means that it is uncopyrighted.

That's incorrect.  From "What is Copyleft?"
(http://www.gnu.org/licenses/licenses.html#WhatIsCopyleft):

"To copyleft a program, we first state that it is copyrighted; then we add
distribution terms, which are a legal instrument that gives everyone the
rights to use, modify, and redistribute the program's code or any program
derived from it but only if the distribution terms are unchanged. Thus, the
code and the freedoms become legally inseparable."

Benjamin