Michael de Beer on Thu, 1 Aug 2002 06:48:01 +0200 (CEST)

[Nettime-bold] <nettime> A-B-C-D-E-F-G-H-I got a PL digest [shand|nakov|recktenwald]

> > does anybody knows the difference between GPL and OPL?.

At itrainonline.org (website with ICT training materials for
nonprofits), we discussed which pro-freedom license we should use
for materials we develop.

The main options were OPL and FDL.

The OPL is much easier to read by a layperson and uses 'softer'
language.  But we chose the FDL because:
* FDL has been translated into more languages
* FDL has more publically-minded lawyers behind it (we think)

The FDL is here:
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html