Florian Cramer on Tue, 5 Nov 2002 13:46:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] Re: <nettime> Discordia Concors: www.jodi.org

Hello Ryan,

you wrote:

> The 'classic' art references here don't seem to jive? I wonder if much of
> the anxiety in the criticism is unresolved fear of _not_ being canonized,
> hence the frequent, forced recourse to Cage, Fluxus, mail art, Arp. It's

I appreciate that you put a radical critique, but nevertheless dare to
disagree. Personally, I can't help but associating the links you
mention; I don't see them as forced at all. And if you read closely,
then you see that I am _not_ trying to say that www.jodi.org is _like_
Cage, Fluxus or Mail Art, but quite on the contrary in which respects it
is _different_.

Bests,

-F

--