Alan Sondheim on Wed, 13 Nov 2002 22:55:01 +0100 (CET)

[Nettime-bold] showtime

Robert Beck Memorial Cinema Presents
November 2002

19 November 2002   9:00 pm

ALAN SONDHEIM

Curated by Marianne Shaneen

RBMC presents new digital video, live reading, laptop demo and other work
from Alan Sondheim, multifarious maverick of video, film, CD-ROM,
performance, sound, text, cyberculture and hypermedia. His books include
the anthology "Being on Line: Net Subjectivity" (Lusitania, 1996),
"Disorders of the Real" (Station Hill, 1988), and ".echo" (alt-X digital
arts, 2001). For the past several years, he has been working on an
"Internet Text," a continuous meditation on philosophy, psychology,
language, body, sexuality, and virtuality.

"worlds, tribly" - 35 minute digital video, Alan Sondheim and Azure Carter

the chant of trilby-svengali... 85 worlds intersecting: the torus cutting
across...the seven watching men, the doubled doubled seven watching
men...the swollen mold and its emission...the double framing window... **
-A.S.

For more info about the work of Alan Sondheim be sure to check out these
urls! http://www.asondheim.org/ http://www.asondheim.org/portal/

RBMC is a laboratory for the auto-didact, a genuine Temporary Autonomous
Zone for cine-mavericks and metaphysicians, and a realm to disorder and
regain the senses. For more than 4 years, the Robert Beck Memorial Cinema
has illuminated the snowy-white screen of the Collective Unconscious of
New York.... the enigmatic Mr. Robert Beck, soldier of the 1st World War,
lost his senses in battle and later, recovering in a sanatorium, regained
them while watching a film!

Bradley Eros & Brian Frye

...the extraordinary Robert Beck Memorial Cinema... captures some of the
improvisational feeling of earlier avant-garde film presentations, also
accommodating films and related events that require unusual projection
set-ups...probably my favorite place anywhere to see films -Fred Camper

DIRECTIONS:
RBMC is at the COLLECTIVE UNCONSCIOUS
145 Ludlow St., NYC
between Stanton and Rivington
1.5 blocks south of Houston St.

SUBWAY:
F train 2nd Avenue stop, walk east on south side of Houston past Eldridge
(you will see the Sunshine Cinema Movie Theater on the corner of Eldridge
and Houston), Allen, and Orchard streets, and turn right (south) on
Ludlow. The Collective Unconscious RBMC is on Ludlow between Stanton and
Rivington, on the West side of the street.

FROM WILLIAMSBURG BRIDGE:
Once off the bridge take a slight Right onto DELANCEY ST., turn Right onto
ALLEN St., turn Right onto STANTON St., and turn RIGHT onto LUDLOW St.

FROM MANHATTAN BRIDGE:
Off Manhattan Bridge, turn Right onto CANAL St., turn LEFT onto ALLEN ST.,
turn RIGHT onto STANTON ST., then turn RIGHT onto LUDLOW ST.

**worlds, tribly - 35 minute digital video -

85 worlds intersecting: the torus cutting across, the sparrow flitting
from one to the other, the golden droplets swarming among them, the seven
watching men, the doubled doubled seven watching men, the woman from the
london gaiete shuddering, the second woman adding and removing dressing
and corset, the man and woman swirling and watching across, the woman with
the cross evolving and splitting and shuddering outward, the white stars
in the blue-black sky, the yellow stars in the blue-black sky, the great
fabric of being and the construct of the helices, the mouths wide open,
eyes wide open, the look of astonishment and the gaze, the swollen mold
and its emission, the bearded man, the torus bending and shuddering, the
torus taking on the colors and patterns, the sparrow flitting, the inner
and outer spaces, the backdrop spaces, the seven watching men ...

the dark break

the double framing window, the window embossing, the small victorian
blouse, the body staring and disappearing, the serene landscape, body
through the landscape, the quietening sounds, the fading out ...

*/
the chant of trilby-svengali.
i am her trilby to her svengali and she is my trilby to my svengali.
i trilby make perfect fuck, sharing the dream of svengali and trilby:
trilby to svengali's edison, dolly shot in cinerama, her trilby to her
svengali, my trilby to my svengali. she nobody. svengali and trilby make
that trilby. that into into night night window from
folding. against of folding jacket. trilby, my my is singing woman.
i would be that woman that trilby.
trilby, she is my woman, she is singing within the woman.
hair hair duplicate face. body would trilby. be into that night trilby.
my trilby, is my singing singing against without there without singing.
/*

===